Mpg

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Conscious economy keeps popping in on different threads so thought I would start a new thread.

I have set myself a challenge of getting 500 miles out of the tank of my R56 MCS. I would probably have done it on my last tank but was to far away from the next station to risk it. Anybody got 500 miles from a tank?

I have now done about 20k miles and using the trip tend to average about 42mpg. Have been trying to drive economically and am getting about 45 mpg, fingers crossed could get over 500 miles this tank. Trip is currently saying should get about 540 miles.

At my last fill up checked consumption and actual was 43mpg against the trip showing 44mpg so not a million miles away.

I am very pleased with the economy and am getting better than I had expected.

Neil.

MINIme:)
    why am I doing so badly and only getting 36-37mpg? I'm not actually sure what I should expect from this one.

Ooh and how do you reset the mpg reader? Craig said it might get better as the car bedded in but a reset of the reading would help me to tell.

Am I just a rubbish driver?

Resident old yin.
    Neil,
    I averaged between 37 and 39 mpg in my S. That was for mostly bypass driving, some slow but not really stop/start.

On runs to Glasgow I could get more than 40mpg. 500 miles sounds ambitious from one tank though unless on a long run at less than 65mph.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Jo my Cooper is only on 36 MPG doing short trips around town just now so your just the norm if you ask me. On a run up North on nice quiet roads I've had it sit on 56mpg on the HT doing near 800 miles at a quickened pace round the west coast. Once drove to Oban and the computer was on 60.1 after 98 miles but it was a summers day and the roads were deserted most of the way and I was happy just to sit back at just under 60mph.( Yes Yes driven like a num)

Your car is not even close to warming up before you park on a four mile trip, in fact I'm sure taking it on a run when the weather gets better would do the poor wee thing a world of good to clear the tube's sort of thing.

To reset it just go into the computer and its as easy as just pressing the button on the menu to clear it.

re-set via the "menu" button on the radio panel. Select "Comp" > "Av Con" (or whatever) and tap the reset button.
    Last edited by Stewart; 24th January 2012 at 11:38 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

stewart the trip is only 2miles I know I KNOW!!! but it regularly does longer trips.
    Do you reset the mpg reader for a trip to get a new average? or are you just saying what you saw it at

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah the computer resets and starts afresh. I could drive about for a week up north and get a very real figure of say 56mpg, but if I just left the computer it would just crawl down with City driving short trips.

Around town I always think 36-42 mpg.

On a run depending on your driving style it should be more like 50-56mpg.
    Last edited by Stewart; 24th January 2012 at 11:54 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Resident old yin.
    If you reset the mpg you will begin a new average calculation.

To chart your progress it might be a good idea to do so each time you fill up.

how do you reset it?

I have recently downloaded the App "Road Trip" where you can record mileage etc and it keeps track of your actual mpg for each fill up and average. It is free but can also get a paid version which I would guess would give you more info.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    how do you reset it?
    its in the manual Joanna.

^^^like this smillie