MINI and Prodrive Tour BANTER Thread.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

GCA3N
    EDIT By ANDY P: - I've created this Banter Thread for the discussions of all car sharing, confectionery eating, non run critical discussions. This will allow Greig, Joanna, Stewart et al, to discuss whatever they wish to discuss regarding the impending MINI Extravaganza, without cluttering up the original thread.

IMPORTANT:- This thread may not be monitored by the Run Organiser, so ensure if you have any important questions regarding the RUN, or the hotel accommodation, please post them here: Official Run Thread

To keep the existing off-topic posts in chronological order, I picked the best place I thought to start and moved those posts from the RUN thread to THIS thread. This means the first Post in this thread may not make a whole lot of sense.

================================================== =

I'll be doing this on my tod jo so if your wanting to co-pilot me your welcome.

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    ooh! that might be an idea I've no qualms about this drive at all, but it's a long one on yer tod and daft to have 2 tanks of petrol and noone to talk to. Plus I'd get a sit in a JCW.

...you do realise that unless you drug me you'll be subjected to HOURS of my chat

If I'm really REALLY nice can I have a shottie?!! (in an empty car park if you like)

Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    EDIT By ANDY P: - I've created this Banter Thread for the discussions of all car sharing, confectionery eating, non run critical discussions. This will allow Greig, Joanna, Stewart et al, to discuss whatever they wish to discuss regarding the impending MINI Extravaganza, without cluttering up the original thread.

IMPORTANT:- This thread may not be monitored by the Run Organiser, so ensure if you have any important questions regarding the RUN, or the hotel accommodation, please post them here: Official Run Thread

To keep the existing off-topic posts in chronological order, I picked the best place I thought to start and moved those posts from the RUN thread to THIS thread. This means the first Post in this thread may not make a whole lot of sense.

================================================== =

Good plan!!! I was feeling VERY guilty and expecting to get into trouble

I hope this won't encourage further planning of my kidnap / locking up / demise though...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    Good plan!!! I was feeling VERY guilty and expecting to get into trouble

I hope this won't encourage further planning of my kidnap / locking up / demise though...

That's why it's been created Joanna. I WANT you guys to be able to discuss the light-hearted aspects of the run because it REALLY IS so much fun, but the main thread was getting ridiculous, and I either had to call you, Stewart and Greig into the headmasters office for a dressing down, or create this room for you to vent. Room created.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    eh don't forget Elfman, he is a right troublemaker.
    "ring" and "leader" come to mind.

And, for the love of god, don't mention Werther's originals!

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

so taxi man, have you come up with any worthwhile foods I'm allowed to eat in your wee red rocket yet?

...and just wanted to check...you did say you wanted me to put S Club 7 on the playlist, didn't you?
    Could I suggest Pringles, popcorn and Cadbury flake would make a great picnic for the journey down.

I think Greig is more of a Steps man, he has probably got tickets for their new tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Could I suggest Pringles, popcorn and Cadbury flake would make a great picnic for the journey down.

I think Greig is more of a Steps man, he has probably got tickets for their new tour.
    Excellent suggestions Trigger. Always salted over sweet as well. I have a popcorn maker!!! I could make loads of the stuff :) It's even a healthy hot air one that doesn't use oil, I think that will please him. My favourite is when I make it with butter, salt, pepper and chilli powder. It's really nice actually!!

Good thinking on Steps. Excellent. I will have to source both of these as my taste is....how do I put it....slightly different (better). But driver has to get some say in it as a thank you. And I should be ok as there is plenty of time for a few itunes purchases if necessary. Special treament for taxi man he can't say I'm not good to him.

the latest potential drama to hit the tour...

http://www.motoringfile.com/2012/04/...-labor-strike/

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Jo I’m sure it was the Vengaboys he had on while I was in his car the other week, just don’t mention the Backstreet Boys he’s never gotten over them splitting up.

There and you thought we were listening to the Works Bangs and pop's and the exhaust note!

I can see Andy had the right idea after all….its months away.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    so taxi man, have you come up with any worthwhile foods I'm allowed to eat in your wee red rocket yet?

...and just wanted to check...you did say you wanted me to put S Club 7 on the playlist, didn't you?
    Taxi man......TAXI MAN! I'll bloody taxi man yeh.......

Bring anything you like as long as the food goes directly from packet to mouth I'm easy. As far as music goes the sky's the limit, S club 7, venga boys, basehunter are all acceptable "artists" but happy to pick more established acts like one direction and olly murs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I did see them once, they were excellent and could only see them lip synching a handful of times, very good. Tradegy is my fav track.
    Excellent suggestions Trigger. Always salted over sweet as well. I have a popcorn maker!!! I could make loads of the stuff :) It's even a healthy hot air one that doesn't use oil, I think that will please him. My favourite is when I make it with butter, salt, pepper and chilli powder. It's really nice actually!!

Good thinking on Steps. Excellent. I will have to source both of these as my taste is....how do I put it....slightly different (better). But driver has to get some say in it as a thank you. And I should be ok as there is plenty of time for a few itunes purchases if necessary. Special treament for taxi man he can't say I'm not good to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Jo I’m sure it was the Vengaboys he had on while I was in his car the other week, just don’t mention the Backstreet Boys he’s never gotten over them splitting up.
    Thats crap from you stewart you know how much that cut me up........