rattle on cold start

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Well it sounds like it's going in your direction at least.

I'm sure the folks at grassics will look after you. If it's the cold start tensioner that's at fault I'm sure MINI will have it sorted. After a couple of years of MINI denying anything was even wrong, they now accept it's an issue and have a fix for it. Doesn't stop it completely, and it has been known to come back as bad as ever in some folks cars - my own car has been fine since the fix.

A.
    cheers mate,,i hope this is the end of it,time will tell.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I have my fingers crossed for you

The cold start issue is one of the reasons why I had 2 r56's in 11 months and also why I wouldn't have another one until they have defo fixed it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I have my fingers crossed for you

The cold start issue is one of the reasons why I had 2 r56's in 11 months and also why I wouldn't have another one until they have defo fixed it for sure
    thanks mate,if theres even a squeak from the car from now on its going back to grassicks.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Warranty work guarantees payment, the dealer doesn't pay for the work, MINI do, so, the dealer would take warranty work every day
    Then I hold my hands up and I stand corrected...this proves never to listen to anyone from John Clark then...ever!

Quote Originally Posted by bullet View Post
    mini wanted to take the car to john clark in dundee,they will only take the car to the closest dealership,after reading some unfavourable comments about the place i asked them if they would take it to grassicks,they agreed and have since been told that its the chain tensioner,they have asked to keep it overnight and check it again as there may be more damage.thank god for a warranty.
    Good to hear that Mini are finally listening to their customers and are willing to take it to the garage you want it to go to. As the others have said, I have my fingers crossed for you as I know how much of a pain it is to have this problem and be without a car too!! Good luck dude!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Then I hold my hands up and I stand corrected...this proves never to listen to anyone from John Clark then...ever!
    This only covers the original problem, if warranty work is not performed correctly then it's at the dealers cost to fix

Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Good to hear that Mini are finally listening to their customers and are willing to take it to the garage you want it to go to. As the others have said, I have my fingers crossed for you as I know how much of a pain it is to have this problem and be without a car too!! Good luck dude!
    cheers mate,heard from grassicks,no additional damage to the engine so its ready to pick up

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Good to read your getting your car back, fingers crossed!
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet View Post
    cheers mate,heard from grassicks,no additional damage to the engine so its ready to pick up
    Make sure you get a list of the parts they replaced, there are many parts in the kit that fixes the problem

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Make sure you get a list of the parts they replaced, there are many parts in the kit that fixes the problem
    ^^^^ this

My experience is getting all the info re what they have done as of you have any issues further on then that can help

cheers guys,,it sounds silly but ive missed my wee car.