rattle on cold start

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet View Post
    yep,good riddance
    Normally PV enter cars at this price level with a (very basic) warranty, for some reason they don't appear confident enough to offer one on this.....

Car did £10400 (provisional sale/offer)

Did you have look under the oil filler cap before it went back? It's full of "mayonnaise"
    Last edited by MiniSnaps; 31st May 2012 at 08:17 PM.

lol,as i said before god help the next unfortunate owner of that car,says alot when vardys wont have nothing to do with there own bloody vehicle

Test Passed
    Car
    F56 cooper 1.5T
    What car did you get to replace the JCW?? Only read this post last night and I cant believe how you have been treated, hope your new car is treating you well.

am still looking,one things different from before,am VERY wary of dealerships which is understandable.here you can see what happens if something goes wrong and no one is willing to help.mini totally tried to distance themselves from vardys with this,just make sure you check the cars history out before you buy and also buying at a premiuim from a franchised dealership means nothing as to its quality.dont trust a word they say,i did and got burned....badly.
    Last edited by bullet; 31st May 2012 at 09:55 PM.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Did this get a new Engine then or do you think they are just flogging it on with all the problems?
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

i was assured it was a new engine going in 3 times,then after installation they told me it was a recon that had been put in,it had a full and extended test 3 weeks ago in edinburgh and passed everything,minisnaps viewed it today and said it had mayonaise in the filler cap.i dont know what if anything vardys have done since they got it back,all i know is i didnt drive it after the recon engine was installed as it sounded terrible on a cold start which i was assured "all jcw sound like that".nightmare of a car.

Well, the car appears to have sold, although when I was in on Monday I caught a snippet of overheard conversation between two drivers that contained the words "Mini", "engine" and "brought it back", no idea if they were talking about this car, but......

was speaking to a vauxhall salesman,he said that many of there new cars that sit in there lineups have a mayonaise like build up on there filler cap,its due to lack of use he said so would probably have explained the same thing on the mini,since the engine was installed feb 10th its covered only 300 miles.it spent the last several months i owned it parked in my garage unused so it may not have indicated a serious fault,to repeat vardys carried out a full and extended inspection and road test of the car and it passed everything with flying colours,all i know is im glad to get rid off and wish the next owner more luck than i had with it.
    Last edited by bullet; 11th June 2012 at 01:16 AM.