2012 wrc

Well the 2012 WRC has officially started (yesterday) and at the end of day 1, Sordo in the MINI is in 2nd place and I see that Kris Meeke is not in the mini this year and they have a new guy in the other mini, something to do with lack of sponsorship or something!! not liking the sounds of that, everythings about £££££££ these days

So I guess I'll be supporting Sordo this year then

euan
    There is a lot of chat about Mini/Prodrive. They missed the cutoff for entry for a full entry as they didn't have the budget, but were given a waiver as WRC needs them. Meeke has been dropped for pay drivers on a round by round basis.

BMW are making a real mess of this considering how much money they throw at touring cars. First Mini at the Monte in years and no press coverage...

Well Sordo is still in 2nd place, duelling it out with Solberg for 2nd place "Come on MINI"

have seen very little if any coverage about the wrc which is a real shame.

euan
    They lost their promoter, and TV deal - details on here, Eurosport did a one off for the Monte, but no word as yet on what happens next. Frankly, it's all up the spout and has been for a while.

Motors tv did some coverage of wrc

Quote Originally Posted by Andy w View Post
    Motors tv did some coverage of wrc
    I watched it all on there, some good coverage really. Guess that's going to stop for the short term now.

Well Dani Sordo is out of this weekends Swedish rally after crashing out into a snowbank and blocking up the radiator, losing an alternator belt too (apparently) and managing to carry on and then cooking the engine due to over heating...

Sordo didnt half hit the snow bank and that was just trying to get back on the track , highlights on motors tv tonight round half 10ish.