A first time mini Owner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Yeah a Mini One is just a detuned cooper, however the gear ratios are longer in the oniie so if you remap it, it can actually be quicker than a cooper

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hi Corey, welcome to NMS!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Glorious

GCA3N
    Welcome along there.

Car
    MINI-less

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Welome to NMS Corey!

If you're looking into a Remap, there was a Superchips 'Module/Handset' of mine, which Malcolm & Sioban, (our fave 'Mum and Dad' of NMS) were going to use but didn't - I'd need to check where it is now, but maybe you could investigate the 'COOPER' remap/upgrade with that, as it should be cheaper if you already have the hardware, which can be sent to Superchips for reprogramming. This is then just a 'plug and play' mod, which can be reversed by the same method. Instant COOPER!

Have a think and if you're interested, we'll have a hunt for the Module - it's technically Malcolm's now, 'cos I swapped it for a dinner and a pint on last year's Highland Tour! But if it's not being used, it might be worthwhile looking into. Remember there will be an 'Insurance Issue' with this sort of power upgrade, but it's also pretty undetectable... up to you.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Coreygraham180
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Welome to NMS Corey!

If you're looking into a Remap, there was a Superchips 'Module/Handset' of mine, which Malcolm & Sioban, (our fave 'Mum and Dad' of NMS) were going to use but didn't - I'd need to check where it is now, but maybe you could investigate the 'COOPER' remap/upgrade with that, as it should be cheaper if you already have the hardware, which can be sent to Superchips for reprogramming. This is then just a 'plug and play' mod, which can be reversed by the same method. Instant COOPER!

Have a think and if you're interested, we'll have a hunt for the Module - it's technically Malcolm's now, 'cos I swapped it for a dinner and a pint on last year's Highland Tour! But if it's not being used, it might be worthwhile looking into. Remember there will be an 'Insurance Issue' with this sort of power upgrade, but it's also pretty undetectable... up to you.
    so the one engine is just a detuned cooper so this might be worth a look into this but as i said i am not in a rush for the remap as i cant drive it for 6 weeks anyways cause my broken finger and i have managed to get a hold of a set of r90s and i will be fitting them soon as i get them then the remap is on the cards so i will have a look in to this for sure
    Last edited by Coreygraham180; 13th January 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I have the MTH 'BIG ONE' map on my ONE and it's been rollered at 137bhp It runs a playmini cat back exhaust and a K & N cone filter. Starts to stir at over 3000 but turns into Mr.Hyde above 4000.....love it.....(shhhhh....you can get 90mph in third....but you never heard that from me tho)
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Coreygraham180
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    I have the MTH 'BIG ONE' map on my ONE and it's been rollered at 137bhp It runs a playmini cat back exhaust and a K & N cone filter. Starts to stir at over 3000 but turns into Mr.Hyde above 4000.....love it.....(shhhhh....you can get 90mph in third....but you never heard that from me tho)
    well if i can get it anywhere neer as quick as that i will be laughing ...and btw it was your son ross that refered me here and he said your mini was a beast

SMcNairn
    welcome