What format ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lamdacore
    hmmm, i'll maybe need to get into home cinema a bit more, well more audio clarity for games and movies on my pc. always quite fancied a nice system, I know richer sounds have some good deals from time to time :)

So, do all the ps3 users here have a steam account ?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    i have PS3 and use it as a blueray player and have no prob with it at all
    New sig coming soon

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Not going to argue system against system, the money I spend on audio equipment is way too much, suffice to say my amp is easily over £5k, that's where you notice the difference

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    My PS3 was bought on launch day in the UK. So, I'm sure they've improved the cooling systems since then. But I stand by what I said my PS3 is noisy as hell when playing.... anything really. Games, Blu Ray discs, doesn't matter. Lets just say if White Star Line had fitted the cooling fan in my PS3 as the reversing propeller on Titanic history would have been very different.

I'm sure it's cracking for picture and sound quality, although I simply can not see how a PS3 blu ray player can beat a dedicated player which is part of a balanced and matched system.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I don't know as don't have any other blue ray player at the moment
    New sig coming soon

the launch ps3 (the fat one)had an inherrent overheating fault which resulted in a lot of failures due to overworked fans trying to cool the machine,some became very noisy this may be your problem,the replacement for it (the slimline)had a much quieter fan and better ventilation,the same can be said of the slim new 360,it was updated with quieter motors installed,the old 360 was really noisy,still got mine and half the time it sounds like its scratching a disc when loading.the advantage of having a ps3 blu ray is its always updating itself with the latest technology on the market,if you buy just the player then you are stuck with what you have,it wont be able to update itself so in several months could be out of date.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I agree that a PS3 can play blu ray's ok, where the difference comes is the amp and a fairly decent blu ray player have all the internal goodies that enhances video and audio signals