MINI and Prodrive Tour - Thurs 10th & Fri 11th May 2012 ON TOPIC POSTS

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    GCA3N
    Like you Joanna I cannot 100% commit but I'm gonna give a big try. You'll be fine and btw with my latest points to my licence I shall be keeping to every speed limit on the up and coming runs......as always.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Andy.. Nice one! Just checked with the good lady... and we should be fine that weekend, so put me and Fi down please!!!!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I'm just home from work and had a chance to update the thread.

All those who have said "yes, naw, mebbie" are now reflected in the first post. If I've missed someone or incorrectly placed anyone in a list, please let me know.

I understand a couple of folk wanting just a Prodrive weekend tour. But my own thoughts are that it's been 2 years since a MINI tour and if we're going that distance (personally) I'd want more for the time. It's not practical to drive down, do a tour and drive back. So if an overnight stay is required, we might as well make use of day two by hitting MINI again.

I'm fairly sure the Roadster is manufactured at Oxford along with the hatch, convertible and coupe. Only the Countryman is made in Germany. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be corrected.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    I can remember when they were only too keen to get us 'Enthusiasts' through the door while we were establishing the brand on the street to help it become the global entity is is now. The Bean-Counters at MINI, it seems, have shorter and more selective memories.
    Euan, I totally agree with you.

I remember back on Craig's first organised plant tour, Ulrika was so accommodating and helpful and flexible - nobody read anything in to that - but now like you say, it seems like the bean counters are saying, "hey, we don't need these tours any more, but we've started them now so we need to continue but let's make it as difficult as possible."

I would say that our first plant tour weekend was simply the most fun we've had on a MINI trip. The drive down, the tour, then the next day touring round some of Middle England's awesome roads, up to York and home on the Sunday - all spent in the company of great friends with hilarious banter. I can honestly say no trip has come close.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    I'm just home from work and had a chance to update the thread.All those who have said "yes, naw, mebbie" are now reflected in the first post. If I've missed someone or incorrectly placed anyone in a list, please let me know.I understand a couple of folk wanting just a Prodrive weekend tour. But my own thoughts are that it's been 2 years since a MINI tour and if we're going that distance (personally) I'd want more for the time. It's not practical to drive down, do a tour and drive back. So if an overnight stay is required, we might as well make use of day two by hitting MINI again.I'm fairly sure the Roadster is manufactured at Oxford along with the hatch, convertible and coupe. Only the Countryman is made in Germany. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to be corrected.A.
    The Countryman is made in Austria by Magna Steyr
    Last edited by MINI William; 11th January 2012 at 06:57 PM.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post

I would say that our first plant tour weekend was simply the most fun we've had on a MINI trip. The drive down, the tour, then the next day touring round some of Middle England's awesome roads, up to York and home on the Sunday - all spent in the company of great friends with hilarious banter. I can honestly say no trip has come close.

A.
    Aye the drunk spiderman at night followed by the buttertubs pass the following day - what a weekend

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Well as others have said would like to do pro drive but don't think I will do mini could just make a weekend of it and do a lakes tour on the way back instead of the mini plant
    But some thing tells me I have a show on the weekend before at himley hall
    ok edit i do have a show the weekend before so wont make it on those dates :(

1 WEEK 1 DAY OFF THE FAGS :)
    Last edited by stoney; 11th January 2012 at 07:32 PM.
    New sig coming soon

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    "motorway driving is more my level!" Come on Joanna - stop putting yourself down. If you THINK like that, you'll DRIVE like that! Be confident - Be MINIme!
    I'm not putting myself down. I PREFER that kind of driving. I've never been a fan of twisty narrow roads, ever. I like to see what's coming further ahead. That is me.

PS I REALLY want to go to the MINI plant as I've never been. That's the main draw for me.

Traffic Light Racer
    Car
    F56 Challenge 210,F56 JCW ,Mini F54 SD ,Clio V6 ,GR Yaris ,BMW M2
    Hi
    Can you please add myself plus one for this trip.
    Bodyshop23(Martin) and Harrythedog(James)
    Thanks

Please put us down as a maybe. Waiting on date for Ally to have op on other knee.
    Stephen & Allyson