Raikkonen back in f1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet View Post
    bit off topic but was wondering peoples opinions to senna racing for williams this year,it will be interesting to see another senna within the team though it has to be said williams are not the force of old,heres hoping they can score regular points and the senna,maldonado partnership can set williams on the road to recovery.
    i think it good news and hope they do well would be good to see them come back up the ranks again but i do think it will be a lot for bruno senna to take !!
    New sig coming soon

baptie
    I was kinda gutted to see barrachello go but he wasn't pulling results out the bag as he should have.

euan
    Rubens had apparently fallen out with the engineers at Williams so it was performance and relationships that were the issue there.

I hope Senna makes a good job of it. He's never had a full season in an F1 team and not had the build up and input into the car before, so I really hope he can do the job. He tested a few years ago for Honda when Brawn was there, and was very close to Buttons his lap times with no experience in the car, and beat Rubens laptime. the fact that he takes millions in sponsorship from Brazil won't have done his chances any harm.

The other aspect here I've struggled with is that Sennas time at Williams wasn't a happy one. I'm slightly uncomfortable that he's saying he wants to bring back the memories of that time - I don't particularly want to do that. His time at McLaren - by all means. Lotus - yup, fine with that. Williams though...

Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Rubens had apparently fallen out with the engineers at Williams so it was performance and relationships that were the issue there.

I hope Senna makes a good job of it. He's never had a full season in an F1 team and not had the build up and input into the car before, so I really hope he can do the job. He tested a few years ago for Honda when Brawn was there, and was very close to Buttons his lap times with no experience in the car, and beat Rubens laptime. the fact that he takes millions in sponsorship from Brazil won't have done his chances any harm.

The other aspect here I've struggled with is that Sennas time at Williams wasn't a happy one. I'm slightly uncomfortable that he's saying he wants to bring back the memories of that time - I don't particularly want to do that. His time at McLaren - by all means. Lotus - yup, fine with that. Williams though...
    You have hit the nail on the head with with comment re money
    Stephen & Allyson