2012 Dakar Rally

Well it's that time again!! The 2012 Dakar Rally got under way yesterday and I'm glad to report that the MINIs of which there are 5 (from the same team I think) all in different colour schemes finished the 1st day in 1st, 2nd and 3rd in their category, not sure where the other two are placed at the moment, but it's looking good for MINIs keep up the good work guys

On a sad note tho, I believe one of the motorcyclists crashed about 2 miles short of the end of the days sessions and died from a heart attack despite the best efforts of the events doctors etc to save him. My thoughts go out to his friends and family at this time.

Car
    F56 Cooper

Shamelessly nicked from another site! Not really ever read up on this, so is it just A to B stages and you make your way there anyway you want on the ground? Looks fantastic fun.
    Last edited by Stewart; 2nd January 2012 at 04:20 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

I have followed this event on Eurosport for many years
    An added interest is the mini's this year

I fancy one of these amazing trucks, snow tyres instead of sand tyres and I would be able to keep up with Craig's Sportage PMSL
    Stephen & Allyson

MINIme:)
    the guy that took my 4x4 training has done this and man does he have a LOT of stories!!! I can't rem if he was support or team poss both, different years but i didn't know anything about it before his long stories - it sounded ace!! might try and find out what his involvement was if I remember later.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post

I fancy one of these amazing trucks, snow tyres instead of sand tyres and I would be able to keep up with Craig's Sportage PMSL
    You wish !!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    You wish !!
    Having a countryman then I just need the stickers.....

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Drthomp View Post
    Having a countryman then I just need the stickers.....
    Stickers are in stock . Even still got some coloured ones

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I see there was MINI success in the Dakar, winning the car category. I'm not a huge Dakar fan nor do I know a huge amount about it but good to see MINI seeing some success!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    I see there was MINI success in the Dakar, winning the car category. I'm not a huge Dakar fan nor do I know a huge amount about it but good to see MINI seeing some success!
    Stephen & Allyson

Yip 1st 2nd and 4th places and I think also 8th and 10th places for the minis so I would say they had an extremely successful Dakar, well done to every single team