Engine Won't Crank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Went to move the mini so i can get out the drive easy in the morning cause i'm off on a long trip and the engine wont crank.
    Put the key in the slot, depress the clutch, press the stop start button and only the ignition comes on, the starter does not make any attempt to start the car

Frikkin typical, first time i've actually "needed" the car and it wont start, anyone had the same issues??

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I take it you've checked the battery??

Did your Julie start/move the car regularly when you were away? I too would assume its like the battery doesn't have enough juice Alan I mean 4 weeks is a long to be sitting dormant.

But you've got a vast choice of transport at your disposal anyway

Most likely the battery my boss had an X5 with all the toys and left it sitting for about a month and it would not start. BMW were called out and said the battery had drained with sitting about. Get it off the car on a charger over night and your Mini will fighting fit in no time.
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Has the frost got to the battery? Oh. Wait....

Fuse for starter motor blow? If the starter motor has uts own fuse.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Julie always starts ghe car at least once a week, Car has always started and was running the day before.
    It's defo not the battery

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hope you get your wee car fixed and up and running.

Thats a killer when something out the blue happens, sounds like you do the right thing and turn it over when your away.
    Last edited by Stewart; 1st January 2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    The battery has an eye sight on it and it shows green for battery in ok condition.
    My best guess is a goosed starter motor, will find out Tuesday when the dealer opens

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Anyone bump started their mini that has the stop start button?
    Or at least can it be done?

Check your manuel Alan, but I dont think you can bump start these modern minis...