STOP / START fault

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Has anyone got any experience of the STOP / START not working as it should do? This being, when the car comes to a stop, engine cuts out, you press the clutch and nothing happens A light comes up saying AUTO STOP / START OFF...( I will give it OFF!!! word missing there me thinks)

This has happened half a dozen times...car now booked in to Grassicks after Christmas...
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

GCA3N
    Never had that one on my R56 S, but then again I always switched it off every time I drove, " igintion in, start button, Start/stop off, sport button on and away "

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    The start/stop in my Punto works faultlessly

Car
    F56 Cooper
    If the outside Temp is low or car is not warmed up it does not do it! I think it has to be over 3C for it to work but we know this, Ive never had it not work outside this reason.

Could it be a battery fault?
    Last edited by Stewart; 13th December 2011 at 05:54 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    TBA
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Never had that one on my R56 S, but then again I always switched it off every time I drove, " igintion in, start button, Start/stop off, sport button on and away "
    ...nice

Sharon misses the FJCW as didn't have this S/S function...but the Countryman will

Car
    TBA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    If the outside Temp is low or car is not warmed up it does not do it! I think it has to be over 3C for it to work.
    Though this too but alas no. The garage may know more (or maybe not...)

GCA3N
    What stewart says is correct, but I thought the issue was it was stopping but not re-starting. If it is just not stopping then outside temperatures/engine temps etc will effect it.
    Last edited by GCA3N; 13th December 2011 at 06:19 PM.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    That’s probably my fault I did have half my post done before I read through what you posted. It’s when you pull up and the SS kicks in but it fails to reinitiate and restart the car.

Just to get it back on track.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    I always switched it off every time I drove, " igintion in, start button, Start/stop off, sport button on and away"
    what do you mean exactly Greig? do you mean that you turn off the stop start function (is it one of the wee buttons down in the centre I think?). I know I'm being but can you also tell me what you mean by ignition in? Do you mean clutch in or pressing the stopstart button without the clutch, to start the ignition without starting the engine?

GCA3N
    Joanna there is a button at the front of the gear stick which if you press switches off the auto start/stop. I always done that. Also always used to drive with sport button on too Joanna. Thats what I was getting at.