One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NMS-Badge-53.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	3228

Yeah was bored so thought i'd have a go .. Its kept me entertained all afternoon !!

I'm easily pleased ..
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Drifter
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Got loads of ideas so wish I had my laptop
    Off Shore Greig and no laptop... You'll just have to do it the old fashioned way - Pen and Paper till you get home...

MINIme:)
    Is it only me that's having immense trouble loading pages today??

I managed to get further through the old posts and find some of Baz's. Really like them! Especially the use of a proper non-wonky car. I am not a fan of the wonky wheeled car I think it looks broken and like it's been in an accident. But just my own wee opinion of course.
    Didn't find one with two thistles that everyone said they liked a lot, Baz. Can it be posted up if it hasn't been retired as an idea I like the idea of thistle(s)

You lot are really clever, Davy yours are really good too , you've obviously had a fun afternoon! And that Greig...I can't wait to see what you can do with your wizzy graphics skills .

edit: Baz - "In my opinion the original text logo with some minor refreshing is the best option. It also keeps things inline with the feather flags as I didn't incorporate the roundel logo in them when I designed them." this is an excellent point!
    Last edited by MINIme:); 6th December 2011 at 08:17 PM.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Some of them still work on page 11 of that thread.

You have to be very careful when designing a logo regarding colours etc for working with print, vinyl and embroidery.

I would also be very careful with moving away from the sites brand colours. They have been with the site from the very beginning.

In my opinion the original text logo with some minor refreshing is the best option. It also keeps things inline with the feather flags as I didn't incorporate the roundel logo in them when I designed them.
    Agreed on alot of points there baz but the one regarding a minor re-fresh I am in two minds. In part I agree but maybe a new fresh idea/design is more worth while. I am undecided. I defo think that there should be one design by each person wanting to put one forward and then we as a group can decide the most appropriate.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    There's two ways to look at it ..
    1. We design a logo for the go badge which i think was the initial reason for the competition
    2. We design a new NMS logo and incorporate that into the badge.

There's no harm in having a different style for the go badge IMO as they're interchangeable anyway but personally if you're going down the number 2 route and want a Scotland theme in the NMS logo personally it'll mean a complete re-vamp.
    I was just playing about this afternoon that's all if I was going to design a full new website logo I'd have gone down a completely different route probably ..
    The "wonky" car was the only thing I had to put a MINI in the logo that wasn't a GP, it wasn't my personal choice either but just used it to show where a MINI could be put ..

It's not big .. But it is quick !!
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    I defo think that there should be one design by each person wanting to put one forward and then we as a group can decide the most appropriate.
    I think you'll all have too many ideas to just do one

Or could pile in some and do a Round 1 to slim down to one each? I wish I had the software and skills to do this myself!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I really like the last one on #Post 11.This is just the logo so the holder would create a nice border round it.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Will this mean we will get free merchandise with the new logo to replace tax disc and stickers + key rings we have previously bought.

Change for change sake

I would keep to original design make a tweak or two if your bored.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Will this mean we will get free merchandise with the new logo to replace tax disc and stickers + key rings we have previously bought.

Change for change sake

I would keep to original design make a tweak or two if your bored.
    Exactly the reason a slight refresh makes more sense rather than a new direction. You risk peeving people off and dating lots of merchandise already designed and produced otherwise.

Think about the Google logo... it has changed 5/6 times since launch but you wouldn't really know it!

What will be, will be in the end anyway LOL

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

what happened to this? I was quite and then it all went