Countryman not selling?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MINIme:)
    Agree Stewart, that is a strange way to display a supposed luxury brand. I sure don't want to look like everyone else. When I was there in the summer they had masses of Ice Blue and PW Ones parked up the side. Scores of them! All basic One + Pepper Pack. No individuality at all. And the salesperson I spoke to made me feel like a time waster despite having nearly nailed down the spec on a car of approx 18k. Maybe it's an Arnold Clark thing (they own that dealership), the place just didn't feel very mini at all.

To be honest I'm not really surprised about these models not selling (Countryman and Coupe') I mean I do like the countryman and one day I might be tempted by getting an All4 in white, but and it's a big BUT the price will have to be too good and end up being too good a deal to turn down as for the coupe' well that wont be finding a place on my driveway at anytime it's just not my cup of T (one mans meat is another mans poisen and all that)

And as has already been mentioned in here MINI has ALWAYS had the thought that they will never discount the prices of their cars. Well I think in this current world wide climate of very hard times for everyone including businesses such as theirs you would think that that "NO discount" strategy should be abolished and to be honest I think thats the only way forward for them otherwise they are just going to go down hill and rapidly too and end up with loads and loads of unwanted and unsold vehicles all over the place. Minis prices really are getting out of hand, like Stewart said 18k for a bog standard S, to me that is outrageous for that price youd expect some luxuries and not just a bog standard car.

Car
    R53 GP
    Pretty popular up here it seems with a fair few top spec S's floating around the town, still can't grow to them. Had a shot of a diesel one as a courtesy car a few months back and it was actually an alrite thing to go.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I think discount are starting to happen. I got a massive discount on my S with chilli and sport as it was built and in stock. I neve reven went in to buy it I was picking my JCW up from its end of warranty check and just couldnt say no. It made so much sense to get a brand new car again that was in the colour I wanted and I was paying quite a bit less every month. Just miss my big brakes thats all.

My mate bought a Countryman a couple months back and also got a massive discount. Traded his Clubman for one as it made sense to get a new car with the heavily discounted prices and low finance rate

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    I managed a good discount and finance rate on the CooperD ALL4 Countryman we have ordered from Grassicks...just have the wait. I really like them and am looking forward to its arrival

It is a vehicle that "ticks all the boxes" for our situation and that's what counts in my opinion
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    There is massive discounts to be had these days, like Ian I got a great deal from Eastern on my JCW.

The difference being that these cars are all prebuilt by MINI in large batches, they then approach their best performing dealerships and offer them at reduced cost price. The dealers get a bargain and pass some of this saving on to the consumer. Yes the cars might not be as margin rich as a build to spec but to be honest when I was training with JC the focus was much more on number units rather than margin.

Just dont expect great discount when doing a bespoke spec car as there will not be as much margin in this for the dealers to negotiate.

To be honest I would never buy/spec new again, I will always look for prebuilt/registered deals as I saved near 5k on my car when compared to MINI configuration prices.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    a wee bit
    ...did not realise you were with them Baz? How long was that for?...we changed to Grassicks as we found them better to deal with.
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by gauldrymini View Post
    a wee bit
    ...did not realise you were with them Baz? How long was that for?...we changed to Grassicks as we found them better to deal with.
    LOL long story, got job and did one day before they decided they wanted a woman sales person instead to give the team more dynamic. They didn't bother to tell me this however I heard from another member of the team. Was an HR shambles hence I cancelled my Coupe order and bought my new car at Eastern.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    LOL long story, got job and did one day before they decided they wanted a woman sales person instead to give the team more dynamic. They didn't bother to tell me this however I heard from another member of the team. Was an HR shambles hence I cancelled my Coupe order and bought my new car at Eastern.
    Sorry for still being but that's a sexual discrimination case waiting to happen. Unbelievable.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Last night Menzies had a pre-registered list that I've not seen before.

http://www.menziesmini.co.uk/finance...n.html?id=2127
    Last edited by Stewart; 3rd December 2011 at 03:43 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!