Glasgow post Xmas lunch / pint January

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by blueworks View Post
    Carbeth Inn is good i went there a couple of times with SIDC.
    Cool, thanks I think it changed hands in the last few years but have never been there myself so know very little.

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Only problem with the Carbeth Inn Is if the weather / roads are bad it's a nightmare to get to ..

It's not big .. But it is quick !!
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

agreed, believe me I'll be the first to chicken out of driving anywhere if it's snowy.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    ?Elfman ( + ?)
    +1? Only if a get someone for Christmas... Dear Santa...

"I've brought you TWO Bjorks - in case you lose one"
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 6th December 2011 at 05:22 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

We might just come along for the lunch.
    Stephen & Allyson

Quote Originally Posted by MiniiGP View Post
    Only problem with the Carbeth Inn Is if the weather / roads are bad it's a nightmare to get to ..
    I'm not sure whether to think about in town or out of town 'In' is easier to get to in bad weather for sure but maybe a bit less fair on anyone not in Glasgow? Mind you Greig is maybe only person for whom the Carbeth made sense in terms of direction. I had been thinking folk would prob prefer somewhere outwith the city but I'm open to either - unless the weather is dodgy when I'd bail at the sight of a snow flake Other thoughts, based purely on my limited knowledge and ideas of places are that there's a couple of places in Partick, but it's a bit me-centric! There's Roastit Bubbly Jocks very near Partick Stn / subway (and my house!) I've been there loads of times, it's very reasonable and they are always willing to do altered menus etc on request. The last time I went there I was a little disappointed though, just because they seemed to have simplified their meals down to be a little less interesting than they used to be. And they didn't offer me bread - but my favourite waiter wasn't on that night so maybe the staff just weren't quite on it One bonus of there is there is free parking in nearby streets plus good train access. There's also Three Figs at the bottom of Byres Rd a few mins walk away that I've only eaten in once but enjoyed - and it's pretty much opposite one of my favourite pubs too. The east end is a bit more central, Scotland-wise but I know nothing of that area. In the city centre there's a bit more hassle parking maybe with sales on at that time but there are lots of eateries. What do others think re location? It would be great if people were keen to come in from surrounding areas and I want to make it a good spot for you.
    Last edited by MINIme:); 6th December 2011 at 09:10 PM.

GCA3N
    Mind you Greig is maybe only person for whom the Carbeth made sense in terms of direction.

I'm not sure whether to think about in town or out of town 'In' is easier to get to in bad weather for sure but maybe a bit less fair on anyone not in Glasgow? Mind you Greig is maybe only person for whom the Carbeth made sense in terms of direction. I had been thinking folk would prob prefer somewhere outwith the city but I'm open to either - unless the weather is dodgy when I'd bail at the sight of a snow flake Other thoughts, based purely on my limited knowledge and ideas of places are that there's a couple of places in Partick, but it's a bit me-centric! There's Roastit Bubbly Jocks very near Partick Stn / subway (and my house!) I've been there loads of times, it's very reasonable and they are always willing to do altered menus etc on request. The last time I went there I was a little disappointed though, just because they seemed to have simplified their meals down to be a little less interesting than they used to be.

What do others think re location? It would be great if people were keen to come in from surrounding areas and I want to make it a good spot for you.

This is in 4 weeks time (Sunday 8th Jan) and I am away for possibly 2.5 weeks immediately prior to that and mad busy just now So if you're interested let me know if Glasgow is ok or where you want to go.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I'm not a city centre lover, so I'd prefer out of town somewhere, but don't make arrangements round me if the majority want the city.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm not a city centre lover, so I'd prefer out of town somewhere, but don't make arrangements round me if the majority want the city.
    Ditto that for me too joanna. I hear Callander has nice pubs