Car won't switch off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    G19RNT
    Hi guys got a couple of problems I could do with your expert opinions on my 56 plate mini cooper wouldnt start after work today so luckily I had jump leads and we jump started it but I noticed the brake lights were on when the ignition was off and a colleague also said he noticed them on in the afternoon but once the car was started they went off so I headed home only to find it would not switch off even with the key turned to off so I called a mechanic friend of mine and typical it switched off first time any ideas?also both passenger footwells are soaking with water any ideas what the problem could be?

GCA3N
    water has certainly got into the electrics. There is a plug in connector at the top of the break pedal maybe water ingress there. Either way water in the electrics can cause loads of problems.

G19RNT
    Hi certainly seems electrical it's very strange the water is only on the passengers side but I would say the problem is getting worse as there seems more water in the last couple of days it's going into the garage tomorrow to try and identify the problem so will have to wait and see what they find

GCA3N
    Check the guttering below the windscreen, I noticed mines was blocked today. This can cause water coming into the cabin.

cooperchris
    Could there be a leak from the heater matrix inside the car causing the problem?

Do you still have heating?

Just a guess

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Defo sounds like heater matrix as its on the passenger side . Also check your bc1 unit which is under the dash to the right of the steering wheel as it can cause probs is water has got in ... Best of luck Grant

G19RNT
    Hi yes the heater still works i'am really puzzled by the water I had it up on our ramp at work and couldn't see anything under the car I shall see what the garage says tomorrow hope it's not too expensive to repair

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    No leak outside still indicates a leak inside from the heater matrix, have you checked your coolant level?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Hope u get it sorted mate

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)
    New sig coming soon

seen this before where an air con pipe gets condensated and it drains into the car. seen it couple of times. usually caused by a sheild being bent and water dripping down that into the cabin...

worth thinking about....