2012 meets

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Gordon, we are booked from 26th May to 8th June, as follows. I would organise quickly, because we had difficulty getting some of the hotels we wanted.

26th Ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam
    27/28th 2 days at The Ring staying at The Tiergarden (Sabine's Mom's place)
    29th Hotel Bayerischer Hof at Lindau on Lake Constance, which is a short way from
    Davos to Stelvio to Lake Garda
    30th to 5th Astoria Park Hotel in Riva
    6th Hotel Rosenof near Waldesch
    7th Ferry back to Newcastle.

Intend to do a couple of "runs" from Riva up into the Dolomites and a few trips arround the Lake, mainly half day outings. Really looking forward to it.

I'm also trying to book Mom and I a run on the BMW Ring Taxi, but they ain't taking bookings for 2012 yet. I did it last time with the delightful Sabine (she doesn't do it anymore) and it was oh so nice in many different ways
    Had to go a bit later as I wanted to drive round Monaco, so need to wait until the GP is past. My one concern is that the 2012 dates weren't up last time I looked for the Ring - don't want to rock up and find it's closed to the public...

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

MINIme:)
    Just realised that IF we were going to do a xmas lunch, there are only 3 possible dates for me - Sat 10th Dec, Sun 11th or Sun 18th.
    I'm not being very helpful as I don't feel I know people or NMS meets well enough to take on organising this but would come if there was one! Or could share organising with someone who knew the score.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Davos to Stelvio one of the runs I’d love to do, that and a few WWII sites and naturally the DD landing beaches.

Come on Euro lottery!
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

I couldn't find 2012 dates either, so based it on 2011 and previous experience of Sun / Mon being OK. Tiergarden was also fully booked for Tues / Wed of that week, which made me think that something big was on at these dates and access would be limited. I'm sure we will get a couple of runs, even if it is in the evening of the Sunday.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Malcolm, I'll be honest, other than Museum Of Flight at East Fortune I wasn't sure what other airbases there were, but I know someone had a run organised in that area and it fell apart a few weeks before it was due to run and someone was going to take it on and that fell apart as well. The "airbases" was more a reference to that run because I'm sure that was what it was called.

I think the East Lothian area is pretty undiscovered from a MINI run point of view, although the "Clan" sometimes use the Cranshaws road down past Whiteadder reservoir. But the squared off area from Pathhead to Dunbar to North Berwick to Musselburgh is jammed with cool roads with a mixture of long straights and twisties.

I don't want you to think I'm forcing anything on to you, but I can't think of any other member who - geographically - is better placed to seek out some roads and throw a run together.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

I couldn't find 2012 dates either, so based it on 2011 and previous experience of Sun / Mon being OK. Tiergarden was also fully booked for Tues / Wed of that week, which made me think that something big was on at these dates and access would be limited. I'm sure we will get a couple of runs, even if it is in the evening of the Sunday.
    Monday evening is my plan for the Ring. Spa, then 45 min drive to the ring - perfection :)

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Andy we organised a run back in 2006, I think called the East Lothian BBQ Run, which went from Musselburgh Services to Haddington, to Gifford over the Lammermoors to Cranshaws, then to Eyemouth via Chirnside and then back up the old coast road via Coldingham and through the ford at Pease Bay, onto Cockburnspath, Tyninghame and then North Berwick to our back garden for the BBQ. Was about 95 miles in total. See attached.

If anyone was interested, would be happy to organise for Spring, say end of March? As I think there is a gap in the callendar there. Rather than a BBQ at that time of year, we have a really good Indian restaurant in North Berwick that does a superb all day buffet for £10 a head. They are good friends and I know they would look after us. Anyone up for it?

GCA3N
    If anyone was interested, would be happy to organise for Spring, say end of March? As I think there is a gap in the callendar there. Rather than a BBQ at that time of year, we have a really good Indian restaurant in North Berwick that does a superb all day buffet for £10 a head. They are good friends and I know they would look after us. Anyone up for it?

If I am home I'd defo be up for that Malcolm.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    me me me me me me me i know those roads and they are fantastic i have all wanted a run down there but just to far away for me to organise

love the water spash over the bridge bit :)

i would happy go back runner for you :)
    New sig coming soon

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Malcolm, it all looked good until you suggested the Indian for dinner. If you'd said Chinese...... :)

We're on holiday the last two weekends in March, but please don't organise a run round our preferences and availability. The way the business is, we could put our name down for the run then pull out the day before because of work commitments.

I'm hoping 2012 will be a bit better for us in being able to take a few Sunday's off, but will need to see how the start of the year goes.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto