2012 meets

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    I might be interested if anyone else kinda slow was going!

Attachment 3165

Follow baz he normally brings up the rear as one of the slower drivers.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'd just like to throw in that no one should ever feel that they have to drive above the road conditions, speed limits or their own ability.
    Detailed notes are supplied and regular stops are available to regroup in the event that folks get split up due to road conditions, the stops are often long enough for everyone to enjoy the banter and it's not just a case of when the last person turns up that the run continues.

It is each and everyone's responsibility to look out for each other.

Many people believe being at the back is the best and slowest place to be, history shows otherwise as many folks have already posted, the only time it is the slowest is when you dictate the pace there.

At the end of the day it's all about meeting up, displaying your car and having a good time, drive safe

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I might be interested if anyone else kinda slow was going!
    Attachment 3165
    No one would ever leave Pootle behind....its not the NMS way

Why Do I feel that's directed at me, first in to Ullapool I tell you on the first Highland tour!

Enjoyed both the Perth Run (probably the warmest day of the year) and the Highland Tour up the stunning west coast. As Baz has said I enjoy the HT run as it’s so long and there really is only one way to go (not looking at any group who missed the turn) You can keep up and play follow the Mini for a bit of fun and then chill and enjoy the scenery and company when you meet up at the next stopping point.

I like going at the back for no other reason than I can relax and know I’m not going to slow anyone up, something like the Highland Tour is easy to that of say Rob’s (my first run) run thats shorter. Gong at the back has its good points and bad points as me and the green Mini in front found out on the Perth run with Mr’s (and I kid you not) 25 Mph Nissan on a road that you could never pass on round the Loch and down the other side from the queens view for what seemed like forever.

Only got my name down for the HT in 2012, but good for you thinking about doing a run. Andy got us through that borders run with a little help but just when you thought right where do we go here there was usually a friendly face or mini waiting and I think it was the most challenging one to date I’ve been on with regards to directions.

At the end of the day it’s a great excuse to enjoy our cars and meet up, its always nice seeing new faces and new cars and catching up with the ones you’ve got to know over the years.

Edit - I see Alan and me have the last bit covered i really should check the thread for fresh posts when posting but there was a making a nice Cup of coffee in the mix there.
    Last edited by Stewart; 26th November 2011 at 03:53 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Thanks everybody.

If anybody has any ideas for events other than runs we could always think about organising that in stead/as well, Go-karting or Paintballing are 2 that spring to mind but could be others - golf for example.

If anybody wants to make suggestions I can pull a list together to consider.

Neil

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    We have done paintball a few times and allways good fun so is the go karts the only thing about the go karts was they where very strict :( at the last place we went

I would happy to do shows as well. But as most are down south few want to travel so I go with the Gp club and nor just do a day trip long day but good fun :)

I am happy to do them but don't realy have time to organise them as geting busy at work hardly find time to have a game on the ps3 at night these days let alown do run notes ect

I am happy to do my old runs if people want me to

Also I would like to say any one that wants to come on my runs are welcome I allways cater for all types of drivers fast or slow

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)
    New sig coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    We have done paintball a few times and allways good fun so is the go karts the only thing about the go karts was they where very strict :( at the last place we went

I would happy to do shows as well. But as most are down south few want to travel so I go with the Gp club and nor just do a day trip long day but good fun :)

I am happy to do them but don't realy have time to organise them as geting busy at work hardly find time to have a game on the ps3 at night these days let alown do run notes ect

I am happy to do my old runs if people want me to

Also I would like to say any one that wants to come on my runs are welcome I allways cater for all types of drivers fast or slow

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)
    Hi. Enjoyed your runs and if you arrange and I can make the date I will be there.

MINIme:)
    will defo do a picnic run again june/july time i think
    I am well greedy - would find a picnic hard to resist!

Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Follow baz he normally brings up the rear as one of the slower drivers.
    Waiting for him to get you back for that!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I'd just like to throw in that no one should ever feel that they have to drive above the road conditions, speed limits or their own ability.
    it's not just a case of when the last person turns up that the run continues.
    At the end of the day it's all about meeting up, displaying your car and having a good time, drive safe
    I'll be honest, catching up at a stop and not getting a break myself was one of my concerns. I'm a bit uber safety conscious too - but then that's kept me accident free for 19yrs so I'm cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    No one would ever leave Pootle behind....its not the NMS way
    Ah you're a good bunch, thank you

Why Do I feel that's directed at me, first in to Ullapool I tell you on the first Highland tour!
    good for you thinking about doing a run.
    Ha not at all :), I respect you for doing it your way without stressing mate , and thanks, I would love to meet everyone and take part more

just when you thought right where do we go here there was usually a friendly face or mini waiting
    nice

At the end of the day it’s a great excuse to enjoy our cars and meet up, its always nice seeing new faces and new cars and catching up with the ones you’ve got to know over the years.
    Well put and exactly why I'd like to!

We have done paintball a few times

I don't understand paintball - you have to do exercise in order to not get hurt. WHY would you do that!!
    Thanks mate for being happy to accommodate me

I'd been thinking about asking around if anyone might be up for a pre Christmas Sunday pub lunch somewhere central belt, but I realise this time of year gets really busy.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I'd been thinking about asking around if anyone might be up for a pre Christmas Sunday pub lunch somewhere central belt, but I realise this time of year gets really busy.
    Every year someone usually organises a Christmas lunch and we have a secret santa and so on.

Lenore and I organised last years but we cancelled it the day before because of the extremely dangerous weather around at the time and I just didn't want people driving on rutted snow covered roads for a social event.

We're crazy busy at work just now getting ready to install digital projectors across all four screens so there's no way we can organise this years jaunt.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

We always like the runs with a "stop over." Allows everyone to have a beer and a good chat, but there is a cost element to that, in addition to the petrol costs.

I'm also joining the "going slower" gang, as I think that drivers miss so much on a run, concentrating only on the "long medium and short" drivers views. I also feel going at pace, which any Mini driver will want to do, me included, is something that is better done on your own. With 10 to 20 cars in convoy it is always a risk, especially if anyone is outwith their comfort zone. Agree with Alan's comments on this and because of everyone's attitude and committment, NMS record to date is excellent, thank God.

It's a long time since we organised a run, so will give some thought to doing one in the spring. Saying that, have just booked our long awaited road trip to Lake Garda via The Ring and Davos to Stelvio. Really looking forward to it. If anyone knows of any other "passes" that are in the locality, let me know.
    Last edited by weefossy; 27th November 2011 at 08:02 PM.

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    I'm also joining the "going slower" gang, as I think that drivers miss so much on a run, concentrating only on the "long medium and short" drivers views. I also feel going at pace, which any Mini driver will want to do, me included, is something that is better done on your own. With 10 to 20 cars in convoy it is always a risk, especially if anyone is outwith their comfort zone.

have just booked our long awaited road trip to Lake Garda via The Ring and Davos to Stelvio. Really looking forward to it. If anyone knows of any other "passes" that are in the locality, let me know.
    agree with everything you're saying Malcolm!

Your trip sounds fantastic! when are you doing that?