Battlefield v COD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So my choice is buy Battlefield 3 tomorrow or wait for COD as don't want to buy both as i don't play enough to warrant 2 new FPS.

Given the choice what would you do?

Neil.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    well just installing battlefield now so will update once played for a bit
    New sig coming soon

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    well just installing battlefield now so will update once played for a bit
    Yep, playing COD today and no nausea installing the game and a 221MB update for BF3

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Personal opinion... but BF3 would be better on PC, because it's so much bigger and the graphics can be SO much better (if your PC can hack it)

COD on consoles any time, since it's much easier just to pick up and play.. for me at least, since I don't play enough to warrant becoming so engrossed in BF3...

Just my own opinion tho, as I wasn't overly impressed by the BF3 Beta..

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    Personal opinion... but BF3 would be better on PC, because it's so much bigger and the graphics can be SO much better (if your PC can hack it)

COD on consoles any time, since it's much easier just to pick up and play.. for me at least, since I don't play enough to warrant becoming so engrossed in BF3...

Just my own opinion tho, as I wasn't overly impressed by the BF3 Beta..
    Played for a while with Stoney, first impressions, quite dark and difficult to see the enemies, can't really see when i've killed someone, other than they don't get up again, lol.
    Sadly this game caused me nausea but, will get back to it again.
    Of course will take a while to get used to the controller position

if you have a choice of pc or console for bf3 go pc,64 player maps versus 24 on the console.some reviews say the single player campaign is rubbish and with the co op campaign only having 6 maps its a letdown on what was promised months ago with those amazing trailers .but the vast array of weapons,tanks and aircraft that you can control seal this as a must buy.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I'm in the same boat as Trigger. Don't know which to go for. I made the mistake on Gran Tourismo when everyone on here was talking it up and was gonna be the next big thing so I got it and we all pretty much agreed it was a pile of poo. Don't know what to do. Really want to get MW3 but not sure I'm gonna want to pay for both.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

I use a PS3.

Still undecided but can imagine will be tempted by BF3 when I am in Edinburgh tomorrow.

Neil.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    well i have played it to night and also played cod and BF3 comes out on top the now geting used to the controls much easyer to see who you have killed online properly rather than the co-op
    New sig coming soon

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Watched a few 10-20 minute clips of MP rounds from PC’s on Ultra and I have to say the MP looks absolutely stunning and can at times capture the mayhem of warfare.

My biggest gripe with past BF was always you played the smart game only to be let down by the fact the enemy players did not go down quick enough with the usual full clip or more to kill. And as bullets were a cheap hit in the past suppression was a waste of time.

Now it looks more real world, you get hit fast and hard by the looks of it and as far as I can see the hit detection looks in another world to that of BF2.

Granted only clips of the Tube but cant wait for a new rig next year to get BF3. Never played C.O.D other than a wee shot on a wee ones PS or 360 I cant remember which but did not fancy it but mind as I did not know the map or controls on the controller it was instant death.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!