23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 8.70%
  • No

21 91.30%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Dogfather
    <removes gag>

Given that this thread talks about departures from NMS, and that fact that I’m a recent departee.

I would like to go on record and say that my reason for no longer contributing to NMS has nothing to with moderating.

</reapplies gag>
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 26th October 2011 at 09:18 PM.

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    my interest in mini is not as strong as it once was and also the fact I'm getting older and I'm a
    Lady!!!!!

Over the last seven years I have got to know peoples knowledge and strengths and would come on here and know who to ask a question to and not always about minis.
    Did I stumble into a men's club without knowing?? Oh dear!

And I agree - I am slowly forming my ideas about who I actually listen to for advice. There are a few folk on here who are consistently the voice of reason and it always makes me smile and renews my faith.

Keep up the good work guys

no It's just the term I use as I close in on the big 50......... no longer a girl or young women I'm now a Lady!!

Quote Originally Posted by MINIme:) View Post
    Did I stumble into a men's club without knowing?? Oh dear!

And I agree - I am slowly forming my ideas about who I actually listen to for advice. There are a few folk on here who are consistently the voice of reason and it always makes me smile and renews my faith.

Keep up the good work guys
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    One thing that I find strange is why some members (I think they might be moderators) like to have their names hidden at the bottom of the forum page so that it cant be shown if they are online or not. Whats the need for that, is it a form of over moderating? I dont know.
    I have mine not showing but before it came a mod only thing I used to do it then as well

IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT :)
    New sig coming soon

SuperCooperS
    I think its all very fair and reasonable and not overly moderated... I think what has been done previous was fair, however it is clear that individual/s are a lttle over sensitive and miss a joke and then seem to take it personally and perhaps too far.. other then that everything seems great

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    So where were we & how's the voting going?

WTF!!!! ............ Are you mods having a laugh!!!! , vote rigging or what !!!!

(now before permarage sets in amongst some 'IM HAVING A LAUGH')

Now along with the above noted poll I've being doing a wee one of my own .....
    All the results have been checked & ratified & the result is as follows:

I'm a fud! (this has even been confirmed by 'the gaffer' on another site, .... hiya boss )

Apparently a 'deinviduated fud' (NOW that is a term I actually really like well it is nearly panto season )

Anyways, now that everything has calmed down a tad, I'll have my say ......

Moderation on NMS has rarely been a problem/issue, as the site is mainly self 'policed', I reckon.
    However, (oh yes there had to be one) a few 'mods' have been known to be a wee bit 'over sensitive' & this is where things get a wee bitty sidetracked!
    If there is debate, leave it be (have I stolen any of yer weans?), if you dinna agree with a comment, leave it be (have I burnt yer hoose down?), if I hit you with a 'one liner' ......

Please Please Please remember the person you met 'face to face' as a bit of a cocky, cheeky, harmless fella, who only likes a laugh

Cheers

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Moderation on NMS has rarely been a problem/issue, as the site is mainly self 'policed', I reckon.
    However, (oh yes there had to be one) a few 'mods' have been known to be a wee bit 'over sensitive' & this is where things get a wee bitty sidetracked!
    If there is debate, leave it be (have I stolen any of yer weans?), if you dinna agree with a comment, leave it be (have I burnt yer hoose down?), if I hit you with a 'one liner' ......
    So why do you always cite "this site is over modded, far too PC etc etc" when in actual fact it's your opinion that NMS is too PC
    By saying a few mods must imply the majority due to the limited amount of mods on NMS.

Your version of having a laugh actually means something else to you that steps outside the NMS family nature.
    Debates are normally left intact, the site is hardly edited and yet you maintain it's overly modded, so, what is it??

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I take this thread is now dealt with.. No real surprises I'n the voting and with comments made?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I take this thread is now dealt with.. No real surprises I'n the voting and with comments made?
    A shame that more of the members didn't vote, but still, for those that like to deal in numbers a little over 91 per cent think the site is not over modded

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    A shame that more of the members didn't vote, but still, for those that like to deal in numbers a little over 91 per cent think the site is not over modded
    As much as the votes speak for themselves, personally, I've been delighted that a few members have actually taken the time to PM me/us to thank us for the work we do put in and to express their strong opinion that there ain't nothin' broke with NMS.

Onwards and upwards.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto