• Yes

2 8.70%
  • No

21 91.30%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Over-reacting and needing a thicker skin are the key things. If someone says something you don't agree with, just ignore it and move on. Sometimes people take things to personally.

But I don't think moderation on this site is an issue, unlike totalmini where posts get deleted without reason etc
    Your right Gordon, if we are talking about a car etc and you don't agree, yeah that's fine move on.... Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Where the difference is, is when moderators are referred to as NCP Car Park Attendants (as per Billy Connolly who also called them little hitlers) that it becomes personal, as that is a personal attack on their character .....

That is not called for.

Although it would appear that it is me (and the other moderators) that are the problem for being too sensitive and not being able to take a joke... I suppose it's all to do with where you draw the line...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    One thing that I find strange is why some members (I think they might be moderators) like to have their names hidden at the bottom of the forum page so that it cant be shown if they are online or not. Whats the need for that, is it a form of over moderating? I dont know
    I've done it in the past so that i could do admin work behind the scenes, but, always show my status, personal preference for the mods, i'm not fussed either way

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    I don't think moderation is the issue, although could be hard to tell unless the OP points out something has been removed etc.

I think the main thing is people are maybe too sensitive and need a thicker skin. I was guilty of this when I first joined here years ago... just gotta take it as banter and debate.

I think there has been underlying digs flying back and forward between some, and maybe this should have been sorted out with help of site admins etc. But im sure they tried.
    Baz as I said in the first post, I'm not talking about the obvious forms of moderation - deleting, moving, editing post etc - I'm talking about stifling debates; that's what I/we have been accused of. If it's the case that the majority feel this has been happening to an unreasonable level, we need to know about it.

The underlying digs flying back and forth is exactly what we stepped in to try and stop and as a result we're being accused of over moderating.

Simply put, we can't win.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I stand by my comment, if anyone thinks we (mods and admins) are stifling debates then please link me to it

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Baz as I said in the first post, I'm not talking about the obvious forms of moderation - deleting, moving, editing post etc - I'm talking about stifling debates; that's what I/we have been accused of. If it's the case that the majority feel this has been happening to an unreasonable level, we need to know about it.

The underlying digs flying back and forth is exactly what we stepped in to try and stop and as a result we're being accused of over moderating.

Simply put, we can't win.

A.
    Yeah total catch 22 in that case Andy... we have all seen a fair bit of banter and 'heated debate' in our 8 years or so of being here but things seem really fragmented this time round. Especially if things are starting to get personal. Maybe worth nailing all the issues to the post and letting them be vented and understood. However I think this is maybe too late since a few people have already left or shown intention to.

Very sad to see, maybe there is no easy solution

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post

Very sad to see, maybe there is no easy solution
    You've hit the nail on the head baz, there's really no easy solution to the problem. However, is there really a problem when you get down to it. the emphatic results of this poll would suggest not.

It's always sad to see any members leaving (or stating their intention to leave), but if you're getting into a heated disagreement with the guys in the pub, sometimes the best thing to do is walk away for a while, cool off and come back later when the subject will have moved on. Let's see what happens in the long term.

A.

I don't think this forum is over moderated it is a very small forum and I would think most of the time it runs itself. You do need a thick skin, some of time posts often read the wrong way from what they were initially intended to mean. I do think it is healthy for members to be able to express their point of view about the topic subject but not of the poster or any other posters. Make your point once and then leave it at that we don't really need to read 10 pages on what makes a car a hairdressers car for example.

I know I don't post to much these days but that is only because my interest in mini is not as strong as it once was and also the fact I'm getting older and I'm a
    Lady!!!!! But I do still read on a daily basis and enjoy reading posts. Over the last seven years I have got to know peoples knowledge and strengths and would come on here and know who to ask a question to and not always about minis. I would say carry on as normal your all doing a good job.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I would say carry on as normal your all doing a good job.
    Thanks Fi, the vote of confidence is appreciated.

A.

No bother I only type the truth

P.s should Paul read this thread please come back I need to be kept up to date with the mobile phones and the weather. I've come to rely on you.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    P.s should Paul read this thread please come back I need to be kept up to date with the mobile phones and the weather. I've come to rely on you.
    Something tells me he'll read it.

A.