Electrical woes....

MiniTheMinx
    Hi
    Sorry I only seem to post something when I've got a problem!
    I seem to have a problem with my electrics - and a few weird things are happening....any ideas?

1. Boot/bonnet light comes on when I take off quickly, go over a bump or if it is really windy AND the interior light comes on when the boot/bonnet light comes on

2. Rain sensor wipers sometimes come on when its not raining, but dont always come on when it is.

3. Interior light does not switch off when car is turned off. It only goes off if I switch it off or if I lock the car.

4. Automatic headlight sensors - come on when car starts, switch themselves off after a few seconds and then switch themselves back on again about a minute later. Sometimes they wont switch off at all in the daylight (after the issues when initally starting). Its a real pain at night as I have to sit for a few minutes waiting for the lights to sort themselves out before driving off (yes I know I could just put them on normally but I'm lazy)

Any advice would be much appreciated before I spend more money on the bl**dy thing!

Thanks

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    could be a faulty BC1 module..... they do cause various electrical issues.. What year is your car? as this only normally happens in earlier models....

MiniTheMinx
    Hi Craig
    Its only a 2007 - is that classed as old? :)

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTheMinx View Post
    Hi Craig
    Em, no, not in my book, definitely not, ........ spring chicken even

Time to get it hooked up to the diagnostics I'm afraid, hope you get a fix

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTheMinx View Post
    Hi Craig
    Nope and amazingly Crombers gave an informative post !

I would get it into an independent garage and hooked up to a diagnostic machine . That shod hopefully tell you what your leccy probs are

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Nope and amazingly Crombers gave an informative post !
    Feck !!!! , must try harder , it's nearly Panto season ...... where are my usual suspects

.......... Mwuuuuuuughaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Crombers; 13th October 2011 at 05:53 PM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

MiniTheMinx
    Cheers guys! Any recommendations for a garage that won't rip me off (Aberdeen area)? Thanks x

SuperCooperS
    Hi AW Autoworks... i hear is very good.. I will be using it for anything i need now that my warrantee is up.. few folk said they use it and its great

The Dogfather
    1. try adjusting the boot bump stops sounds like the boot isn’t shut properly - same with 3

The others are related to the sensor near the rear view mirror, I suspect possibly a corroded connection. Mind you that could also be the cause of the boot/interior lights issue
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 16th October 2011 at 10:46 PM.

MiniTheMinx
    Car maybe just needs a bl**dy good wash

Thanks for all the advice.