Cooper S kit!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I just got offered a pair of cooper s bumpers already in my colour for £130. How hard will it be to install them?

SuperCooperS
    Flip that was lucky.. where did you get such a good find?..im not overly experienced in this kind of thing.. but i would imagine its just a matter of unscrewing some screws and bolts and reinstalling the new one as the reverse of taking the original off

A friend of a friend of a friend. Lol. They seem to be in good nic!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318347296.002073.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318347310.407139.jpg  

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    never took an R56 bumber off but the R53 one is a doodle can not seeing it being much different :)
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Shod be fairly straight forward as per the r53. Just check for bolts/screws I'n the front wings and I'n the under tray

The Dogfather
    I did a rear bumper, it took me about 45 mins but there was some damage to the one I was taking off which meant it took longer than it should have.

The R56 front bumper is a bit of a faff compared to the R53 - the black trim overlaps the bumper, a few bolts that are awkward to access. 45 mins or so.

As for the back, can you change the trim so the exhaust holes match up? You could on the R50/53

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    The R56 front bumper is a bit of a faff compared to the R53 - the black trim overlaps the bumper, a few bolts that are awkward to access. 45 mins or so.

As for the back, can you change the trim so the exhaust holes match up? You could on the R50/53
    Not on the back bumper Gordon as the bumper is a diff shape the cooper s bumper has an indent I'n the centre where the exhausts are

Car
    Mini Cooper
    A tip - get some new plastic clips for the front arches
    Had to replace my front bumper this year (argument with some wild life), got a new, painted one of e-bay (under £100) but got a body shop to fit it - unfortunately they broke the plastic clips on the front arches (apparently this usually happens) so we had to get replacements.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    As others have said rear bumper exhaust recess is different. As Duncan mentioned go to mini dealer and get the wee plastic clips that hold the black arch exterior covers to the body as these are designed to break. You need to pop the bottom sections of the arch covers off to reveal fixings for the bumpers. This is the case for both front and rear bumpers on the R56 style mini. Ive done both fronts and rears and its not difficult.