Winter Tyre Review Thread

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    euan
    Anyone tried Nankang? Might get a cheapy set for the missus car, as by all accounts the C-Max is woeful in the snow.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Used them on a car for 4 days and had them changed <cough ditchfinders cough>. That was summer tyres, their winters may be better

The Dogfather
    Don't know about Nankang Winters but their summer tyres did dreadfully in a comparison test with some branded ones, as did all the other budget tyres.

I guess it depends on how much value you put on safety......

euan
    Quite a lot, but equally don't want to spend a ton of cash as I've got Quattro on my car which we use more in winter.

The car has quite big tyres so are quite pricey to get tyres for (205/50/R17).

The Dogfather
    I'd look on ebay to see if anyone is flogging off steel wheels cheaply, if not mytyres do full sets of steels and winters.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    I'd look on ebay to see if anyone is flogging off steel wheels cheaply, if not mytyres do full sets of steels and winters.
    I got my steels and winters from mytyres - I was £400 all in which I thought is not bad for 3 winters which is what I think the tyres will last

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Anyone tried Nankang? Might get a cheapy set for the missus car, as by all accounts the C-Max is woeful in the snow.
    DON'T GET NANKANGS....!!! unless you're planing on collecting her insurance money..!!! By far the worst tyre I've ever had the missfortune to fit on a car and that includes the 145 crossplies I had on my first car..!!!
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    going to make this a sticky for the winter and will un stick it when summer comes back again
    New sig coming soon

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    DON'T GET NANKANGS....!!! unless you're planing on collecting her insurance money..!!! By far the worst tyre I've ever had the missfortune to fit on a car and that includes the 145 crossplies I had on my first car..!!!
    I hear you, won't be getting them

Car
    2006 MCS & 1992 MCS (in bits)
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    I hear you, won't be getting them
    Depends how you drive - Nankang's were the best cheap tyres I've ever had. wear out quick and other brands out perform them but you get what you pay for.

I've gone to a set of steel wheels with Pirelli snow controls front and back. had fronts only last year and spend a fair bit of time catching the back end stepping out. (Yoko Paradas on the back)

Read a few bits about tyres being useless in snow when the tread drops below 4mm, makes sense I guess.