Winter Tyre Review Thread

Threaded View

The Dogfather
    As winter approaches I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread about what people think of the different brands of winter tyres: -

So far I’ve had the Dunlop Wintersport 3Ds, Nokian WRG2 and I’ve got a set of the Hankook I*Cepts ready to go on a set of spare wheels.

Nokian WRG2
    The best of the two sets I’ve had are the Nokian’s, they coped well with the snow and performed well even on warmer days. The were brilliant in all conditions even right at the limit. A great sporty tyre.

Dunlop Wintersport 3D
    The Dunlops were excellent in the cold and probably had a edge as far as traction went in the deep stuff but they seemed a bit woolly on warmer days.

I’d strongly recommend either brand but I’d go with the Nokian if you prefer a sportier drive.

Recommended Winter Tyres
    Nokian WRG2 - Craig, Vidal
    Dunlop Wintersport 3Ds - Vidal
    Toyo Snowproxies - Stoney, The Chief
    Hankook i*Cept - Alex
    Vred Wintrac Extreme - The Chief

Pending Review
    Goodyear Ultragrip - Duncan
    Nokian W+ - Craig
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 10th October 2011 at 08:40 PM.