A good detailing session.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I have a Bentley Continental booked in for the full works in 3 weekends time so unavailable to help.

What I would say though is that if its been keyed then its likely that it will need painted. Porsche paint is super hard and would need heavy compunds to try and remove heavy defects then refining stage to remove any compound buffer trails. If its not been keyed too deep then it might need wet sanding. If you have never done that before I wouldnt go sanding someone elses car. Best to get a scrap panel to experiment with first. Its taken me some years to gain the knowledge and I started with scrap panels before takling anything of value.

I have wolfs compound for removing sanding marks on hard clear coats. Its a very heavy compound and needs to be treated carefully and I always measure depths of paint prior to going in.

GCA3N
    Thanks Ian.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Looking Great Greig (apart from the Shorts....)
    Ian made a FAB job of mine - but he's never got around to posting the pics, too busy polishing Aeroplanes and Bentleys methinks!!!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Very nice and I know what you mean by the pictures don’t do it justice to the overall finish, in the flesh its probably scary. I remember seeing Ian’s car for the first time at the Knockhill Mini come Classic car event and I had a really good look and it looked seriously spot on, the Roof and especially the A Pillars and just the overall clarity of the paint.

I swear by the Megs Hyper as well, it may be £25 for the 5lt but it last for years, I just bought another one after more than three years as I used it on my Honda.

This chemical guys black light sounds interesting I like the fact it’s a glaze come sealant all in one as my megs glaze can only take wax over it so I only use it once a year. I’ll have to use the stuff I have before I move on as I hate buying stuff and just have it sitting there. Also it’s great you can go on to the wax so quick, my Blackfire sealant that I’m happy with has to cure overnight before repeated application or wax.

Anyway I’d say your leaving us amateurs that play with the idea of detailing and enjoy our car washing to that of the more pro that are concerned with correction and clarity.

So next year we all expect a NMS discount on machine polishing our Roofs and A pillars
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    Cheers lads

Stewart the blacklight is amazing mate.

Euan what's up with my shorts

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Euan what's up with my shorts

It's not what's up WITH your shorts...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    hmmmm, it's alright I spose. I've seen better but for an amateur I suppose it'll do!

Only joking Greigory, it looks the dawgs! I can appreciate how the pics don't do it justice. I spent 5 hours doing Kirsten's PW S, and after taking the pictures, I decided not to post them as it just looked like a clean car. You had to physically be there to look at it and touch it to notice the difference. Cannot wait to hook up now before the Deeside run.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

GCA3N
    Cheers pal. Yeh should be awesome. Hopefully rain stays off too. You wanting another Pizza cooled by Kim

Delboy
    Looks amazing in the pics Greig so I can only imagine what it's like in person! I'll be booking the Beamer in soon!

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Only joking Greigory, it looks the dawgs! I can appreciate how the pics don't do it justice. I spent 5 hours doing Kirsten's PW S, and after taking the pictures, I decided not to post them as it just looked like a clean car. You had to physically be there to look at it and touch it to notice the difference. Cannot wait to hook up now before the Deeside run.
    You doing mine so Ian doesn't kill me?