Dash Option and extra gagues/Chrono pack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    This looks pretty good. Were you able to buy everything as a complete package? I have a single sony cd player instead of the original radio/cassette that it came with - I think it will be the same in my new car. Will this still work with your kind of sat/nav or do i need something different? Finally, because no one in their right mind would let me anywhere near equipment with a manual nevermind a screwdriver, would an auto electricial install this for me? i was thinking of having my road angel hard wired as well to save having trailling wires. Might be able to get the two done at once?

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

This looks pretty good. Were you able to buy everything as a complete package? I have a single sony cd player instead of the original radio/cassette that it came with - I think it will be the same in my new car. Will this still work with your kind of sat/nav or do i need something different? Finally, because no one in their right mind would let me anywhere near equipment with a manual nevermind a screwdriver, would an auto electricial install this for me? i was thinking of having my road angel hard wired as well to save having trailling wires. Might be able to get the two done at once?
    When I got mine, I had to buy all the parts from different suppliers and fit it myself, I'm an engineer so I have no fear of these things Nowadays it is possible to buy the hardware and software from one supplier, but it still needs some know how to get get it all going.

However, for those without a screwdriver the new all in one type of system, such as the TomTom GO would appear to be the better option. It doesn't need to be connected to anything else in the car except the cigarette lighter socket, in fact it has its own internal rechargeable battery so it can be used with out a connection to that as well for a few hours.

One thing to note, for security I recommend removing any Satnav system when you park the car, however be careful if you plan to hide it in the car on a very hot day as they don't like excessive temperature (they are spec'd up to 55 C and a closed car can get as hot as that in the sun).

If I was a wee bit closer to Aberdeen I would offer to help with install etc:)

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Thanks. Will have a look for this. Can it be hardwired?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Sheilz,
    See Here for a different kind of sat nav set up. This unit covers the petrol and temp gauge but i'm used to it now. A bit pricey though

Before John changed jobs i swithered with getting a replacement head unit for my BMW that had the sat nav integrated, it wasn't the flip out screen type but you could see the route on the front panel. Can't remember the price, but, contact John and he'll be able to advise you and sort you out with your hard wiring :I

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Looks great but would it get in the road of my stereo? My loon wants me to get screens for ps2 in the back - wont let him see this photo or the next thing is he'll moan of the terrrible deprivation he has to endure!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Looks great but would it get in the road of my stereo?
    The screen forms part of the stereo, replaces your existing unit, it has a CD player with a motorised screen, the sat nav part sits under the drivers seat and is attached via cables.
    See Edworthys for what i was referring to, scroll down to the INAN333R
    Really depends what you want and can afford

3GGG

Thanks. Will have a look for this. Can it be hardwired?
    Yes it can be. You could then still easily remove the display when parked. Other advantage of these units is that you can easily move them to other vehicles if you need to. Good luck!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Had a look but unfortunately this is well over my budget just now. It looks like an excellent piece of equipment to have. Maybe if i start writing letters to Santa..............

DNV122
    David - you're a star !

I've just got a new iPAQ 5550 and am ready to get TomTom 3 bluetooth and cradle - your install looks fab. I'll give you a call in a couple of weeks for advice.

The only prob I have is the heated front screen - does this screw up the GPS ?

You must have on mother of an alternator to cope with this, the Mini iPod and no doubt a few other gadgets.

X30YES
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/54420865/174206005LdpPOQ
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/54420865/174206242uJzbvk
    More dash stuff