oil leak help please

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    anyone had to replace the crank seal/gasket on an r50?Think Mines leaking an im a bit worried as it can cause oil starvation....

Sump gasket is a common fault

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Sump gasket is a common fault
    yeh im not 100% sure if its that or crank seal though....

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Never had to change the crank seal, i'm assuming it's at the pulley side and not the clutch side, if so i'd thnk the more likely culprit would be the sump gasket?
    You'll have to clean it all off to investigate further.
    It would depend on the size of the leak to cause oil starvation. you'd have to lose a helluva lot of oil for that, so, providing there is still plenty of oil in it and the leak isn't excessive you'd be ok to carry on driving.

I should point out that i have no idea the size of your leak so driving it is your at your risk :wink:

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    i have had the crank gasket changed on the GP but that was just cos i played my face at mini saying it was using to much oil they replaced the sump gasket as well
    New sig coming soon

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    aw cool thanks for the help guys! its only a small leak so ill leave it be for now.

BOYROLLO
    I have one on my "S" on the back left hand corner of the rocker cover