R56 Aero Bodykit Side Skirts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    GCA3N
    Tough choice. Your right about the chips.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Car
    F56 Cooper

I think the all white is rather nice.

I just think your eye is attracted to skirts over that of just seeing a slab of white door. Naturally our eyes are drawn to pleasant shapes so when I look at the car above my eye jumps about without noticing the expanse of white.

I do think the black band works better on the version without the skirts as the band adds that wee bit interest in an otherwise bland part of a very nice car. With the skirts you've got it covered so no need to add anything.
    Last edited by Stewart; 10th August 2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    I can see both 'sides' of the argument Greig. They do add interest to that area of the car and might well make it look a bit lower - which are good points, but I also like the uncluttered 'stock' look, and I'd never have to touch in the inevitable paint chips which the rear 'intakes' will pick up... , but I do quite like the one which retains the stripes...
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHH!
    Well I'm throwing a spanner in the works, but I actually like the way your car is just now Euan. I like the fact it looks stock and to the unsuspecting Chav who decides his Corsa SRI can have you, you'll make him look rather foolish when you plant it not that I promote racing, just putting chavs back in their place.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Well I'm throwing a spanner in the works, but I actually like the way your car is just now Euan. I like the fact it looks stock and to the unsuspecting Chav who decides his Corsa SRI can have you, you'll make him look rather foolish when you plant it not that I promote racing, just putting chavs back in their place.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Oh No! I agree with everybody!!! I AM the 'LibDem' of NMS!!!!

All points well made and thought-provoking folks...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Oh No! I agree with everybody!!! I AM the 'LibDem' of NMS!!!!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Many apologies SuperCooper, I have appeared to have hijacked your thread...

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

SuperCooperS
    Haha I dont mind.. I just like reading what people are up to and thinking about doing to their car.. I spent about 2 hours cleaning my car so nice and shiny... you guys still probably wouldnt call it clean though haha