Sponsored Cycle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Friends..........it's a begging letter.......
    Tomorrow I'm going to try and cycle 58 miles from Edinburgh to Glasgow via the Union Canal. It's not as scary as the attached but for me it's just as big a challenge. The weather isn't looking too good.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...iest_path.html

We are trying to raise money for North Berwick Pipe Band to buy instruments and uniforms for the young kids coming through the ranks, not cheap. Any amount you could pledge would be appreciated. I'm even missing the Hearts V Hibs Cup Final to take part.
    As the furthest I've ever done on a bike is 30 miles in one go, I'm out to double my persoanl best. If you would like to support me, just post up / PM me an amount and I will arrange to collect at a later date....................................
    .if I live.......

Thanks in anticipation
    All the best, Malcolm

MINIme:)
    Hi Malcolm,
    I'm a bit strapped with the house purchase and possible studentdom (AGAIN!) just around the corner but you and Mom were lovely to me the other week and we did talk about your cycle so I'd like to show my support Please put me down for a wee fiver (sorry it's not much!) and I'll sort out getting it to you at some point!

J

Drifter
    Hi Malcolm

I know what its like to raise funds for a Pipe Band as I've helped in the past to buy equipment and uniforms as at the time my two sons played in the Bo'ness Pipe Band, Since then my eldest son still plays the pipes and has played in the Royal Burgh of Stirling Pipe Band Grade 3 and Denny and Dunipace Grade 2, so have had a close connection to pipe bands for years but at present he isn't connected to any pipe band due to being at University studying to be a primary teacher.

It's good to see that people still go out their way to do things like this and remember going to the North Berwick contest years ago and enjoyed our day out there, haven't been to a contest for a while and will need to see what I can do this year, Even Laura my wife played the pipes many years ago, so we know what it's like to run a band and is great for the young kids coming through the ranks.

I also like listening to the Oban High School Pipe Band when in Oban on holiday and bought their CD that they were selling that went towards funds for the band, all contributions are very much appreciated as I know and they are well used.

As for my contribution put me down for a £10.00...

Good Luck in your Sponsored Cycle...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Hi Malcolm, I cycled from Glasgow to Edinburgh last year and had a blast! I'm going for the 100 miles this year in September...terrified!

Anyway, being the poor student that I am I shall dig out a £5er for the cause! I know it's not a lot, but its amazing how much I raised last year from folk donating bits here and there!

Good luck to you, and let us know how you get on!! Remember the padded shorts
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Good luck Dad, let me know how I can make a donation?
    Put me down for a tenner, can pay via PayPal or direct transfer

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Best of luck today Malcolm. I'll sort you out with a donation soon as I think Mom wants us to visit

Well I did the 58 miles in 7 hours and lived to tell the tale. That included 15 mins for a puncture (story of my life at the moment) and about 45 mins at the Falkirk wheel doing a complete change of clothes. My padded shorts were like a big "soggy nappy" by the time I got there . Thank heavens that "Oor Nellie" was in his car as the support vehicle.

Huge thanks to everyone who has either posted up or contacted me direct with financial and moral support. I will put in the dosh for now and will PM each of you with my bank details in due course. Craig, you know Jude and your good self are welcome any time, but it will have to be after we get back from our little "Italian Job". Can't wait.

I hate asking for sponsorship, but sometimes needs dictate, so on behalf of North Berwick Pipe Band, a huge big thankyou to everyone.

Drifter
    Well Done Malcolm... ... Enjoy your little Italian break...Well Deserved...

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Well done Malcolm
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Well done sir !!