Nurburgring

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    So... how many people still in?

This is dependent on Scotland not qualifying for the Euro's, as I'll be going to that if they do. Doubt they will though!

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 GP
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    That’s no a cheep run but I imagine would be exceptional!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mountain passes Austria & Italy (Stelvio etc)
    If you're serious about some Alpine routes then the San Bernadhino Pass is much better. Both were featured on Top Gear but the Stelvio seems to stick in people's heads easier. The Stelvio is still a used route so the surfaces are not always ideal and it can get a bit busy sometimes. It's not as empty as Top Gear portrayed it. It's also pretty big.

The San Bernadhino used to be a route but has since been made redundant by the nearby motorway. The upshot is that the road is almost perfectly surfaced and more importantly empty. It's also quite literally between two motorway junctions so you can hop off the motorway, do the route, hop back on the motorway and repeat if so desired.

Of the two I take the San Bernadhino pass to do again.

As for the Ring trip... I'm in

Stelvio was the one which I remembered the name, but I've been told it's full of bus tours, with no chance to really get the foot down.

Hopefully get some tunnels on the route as well, tunnel + de-res janspeed = loud tunnel :)
    Last edited by Mon the fish; 28th August 2011 at 07:27 AM.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    F56 GP
    The last time I saw Mini's and a bus up an alpine road it didn't go too well for the Mini's

Forbes
    I'm keen. Need to do this and keep putting it off

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Would be up for this with team young pup :)

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Forbes
    Yeah buddy

mark1984
    i cant do 150 mph cooper d u see.
    my boss goes every year and does about 6000 miles he mostly sleeps in his tent as the E.U has magic camp sites but it still costs him about £4000.
    i would be less on fuel and would like to keep the accom to tents as much as possible mabe 2 or 3 nights in a hotel.
    i think is would cost me around £2000 bearing in mind u need a fresh set of front tires when u go and a set of brake pads.
    any one have a rough cost?
    any dates in mind?

I need to check the dates when the 'Ring is booked for races etc, but probably early/mid June