The Roadster

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Dam the Laser blue, black roof was always one I liked...

Stewart - am I just a bampot, or does the above pic not show 'Lightning Blue'? Laser Blue is/was brighter isn't it? See wee pic below... I like Lightning Blue, as it's similar to the old Indi Blue of my previous MINIs. If I get another MINI (note the 'if'), it would probably some sort of JCW in Lightning Blue with Black roof and alloys - not unlike your pic - different wheels tho'. Still love my PW!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Laser Blue R56.jpg  
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 21st February 2012 at 06:36 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Euan, you are correct. Stewart's picture is Lightning Blue, not Laser Blue.
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Always got a bit mixed with the blue's well I like them both...in fact I like the lighting blue more I think if its a wee bit darker...
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Drifter
    Just thought I'd let you know about this just in case your interested in seeing the Roadster up close and personal this Thursday 23rd at Peter Vardy's...

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart View Post
    always got a bit mixed with the blue's well i like them both...in fact i like the lighting blue more i think if its a wee bit darker...
    muppet.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

I just went and had a nosey around one and this one is an S in Eclipse Grey with black viper stripes, black xenons, leather lounge toffee interior and an AUTOMATIC transmission!!!!

With the roof folded the boot space is still massive, the unlined roof though is still a big NO NO it just doesn't feel right (looks wise)
    but as a whole the car gets a from me.

Road tests available from this weekend onwards

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Going to pop in tomorrow on the passing and take a look.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Resident old yin.
    Today I saw the Roadster at Peter Vardy. A lovely looking car, looks really quite sporty. Their's is an S with sports pack (aero kit and challenge wheels) in Eclipse Grey. Lovely tan lounge leather seats also .

The model they have (and maybe all dealers have at present) is pre-production without an electric top. The roof stows away really neatly and the boot is still pretty big.

The saleperson said it was not yet known if the visible bars on the roof were as it would be in full production cars. In other words, it might be that "proper" Roadsters get a lined roof.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    The Grey looks spot on although I like the silver too...

Pictures courtesy of Matt from down south…

See the Coupe I thought yeah nice enough car but this I feel - well I feel I need one in my life Come on lottery!
    Last edited by Stewart; 24th February 2012 at 09:57 PM.

MINIme:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    this I feel - well I feel I need one in my life Come on lottery!
    Mmmm. I think I might agree. I have no purpose for rear seats other than sticking bags on occasionally, that don't fit in the small boot.
    Really like the eclipse grey