Stone Chips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    Euan I agree at that price I'd be swayed away from a respray too .. Where do you stay I've a couple of contacts that may be able to help depending on where you live .. One thing I know is that they'll not charge you £700 to repaint front bumper n bonnet ..
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

GCA3N
    Hit a deer that should sort your chips out

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniiGP View Post
    Euan I agree at that price I'd be swayed away from a respray too .. Where do you stay I've a couple of contacts that may be able to help depending on where you live .. One thing I know is that they'll not charge you £700 to repaint front bumper n bonnet ..
    I'm down south now, near Warwick - I used to live in Edinburgh when I had my mini so still hang about on here :-)

Car
    F54 and F56
    Ah right no use then recommending body shop facilities up here .. Could always go down Grieg's route lol
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Doug_m
    Have you tried non city bodyshops? Cant see ones in my area charging that price and thats only 40miles north of you.

Smaller family run buisnesses etc would be a better shout

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I got a Dr Colorchip kit from Alan when he was in the states. Full intention of using it on the blue MINI.

Got it all out to have a look at it and the bottles warn you the contents are a carcinogenic. Sorry. Touch up pen or re-spray for me. Will never open the dr Colorchip stuff. Life's too short as it is.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I'm doomed then I've got three of them
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    F54 and F56
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_m View Post

Smaller family run buisnesses etc would be a better shout
    I'm with Doug_m on that the smaller body shops are always the best. Better job as they pride themselves on their reputation .. A reasonable price for bonnet & bumper would be around £300-£400 all the works in the prep not the painting .. Good luck on your search