Canadian Grand Prix

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Canadian GP went like this for me................

Boarded a plane so could not watch the race live, arrived at Dubai to connect with UK flight only to spot a newspaper saying Buttons finest hour.

Bit of a blow as I was recording the race at home with sky+

By the time I get from Glasgow airport to my house I now know the three on the podium

Never mind I heard it was a good race so lets go watch it.

SC from start so fast forward, SC again so fast forward, race stopped so fast forward, race re start under SC so fast forward, BBC1 swops to BBC2 end of recording

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    You can get it on BBC iplayer John

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    End of race isn't on iplayer either it finishes when the channel swaps from BBC1 to BBC2 at the restart .. Typical .. They might update it later on ..
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Just watched it on iplayer via my PS3, superb!!!!!!

One half of Gobi and Sahara EcosseGP's Avatar
    Car
    F54 and F56
    They must have updated it cheers I'll watch it later on ..
    You only need two tools in life WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should use WD40 and if it moves and shouldn't use Duct Tape.

Fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by minimad View Post
    lewis hamilton must be the most overrated driver in f1 hes going to cause a major crash if he continues to be so reckless,i mean first weber then even his own teammate.i can understand mclaren wanting to let him go!!
    Completely disagree...

Camera shot from end of pit straight cleary shows Button looking left into his mirrors spotting Hamilton yet he still drives left and puts him against the wall - then he asks on his radio 'whats he doing' - what are u doing more like you numpty!!!
    He did well coming back from 21st position i'll give him that but its not like he overtook 20 cars to do so....half of them were in their pit getting slicks on so he leap-frogged them as usual rather than overtake
    Also, he only got 1st position by default - it was Seb's mistake not Buttons overtaking ability - Cant stand Button never been a fan and didn't derserve than win

Think the sport is getting waaaaaay to political I mean why were they going to investigate the Hamilton / Webber collision at the start I mean CUMMON....23 cars trying to get round one corner...they are gonna hit obviously....just let them race for god sake!!
    Also think the safety car start was a joke....seen it starting in worse conditions than that before

Yeah I agree maybe Lewis has been acting like a bit of a tw*t recently but theres no denying he is a superb racer and so entertaining to watch
    He overtakes, he doesn't moan about the weather, he is exciting, enthusiastic and he just gets on with racing, cant take your eyes off him as you just know he'll attempt (not always complete) an exciting manouver instead of banging on about strategy / the right tyres blah blah blah unlike his team mate
    His comments in Monaco were bang out of order and there was no need to act the way he did but he is a racer thru and thru

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    hamilton is geting to big for his boots IMO he thinks he is GOD and he is not yes he can drive well but needs to pick his overtakes a bit more wisely and be a bit less hot headed

button did deseve the win he drove a fantastic race and got him self in to a place where he could put the preshure on Seb so that he made a mistake i must admit i juped up and claped when he went off line and button passed him
    New sig coming soon

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Completely disagree...

Camera shot from end of pit straight cleary shows Button looking left into his mirrors spotting Hamilton yet he still drives left and puts him against the wall - then he asks on his radio 'whats he doing' - what are u doing more like you numpty!!!
    He did well coming back from 21st position i'll give him that but its not like he overtook 20 cars to do so....half of them were in their pit getting slicks on so he leap-frogged them as usual rather than overtake
    Also, he only got 1st position by default - it was Seb's mistake not Buttons overtaking ability - Cant stand Button never been a fan and didn't derserve than win
    You should watch the highlights again if you don't think Button overtook anyone. He pushed for the win when he got himself into the right position, and just went for it. He passed Webber, Schumacher, Vettel, the Williams and Massa at least that I saw.

IN fact, here's the Pirelli pit stops from the race:

Button: WN IN (8) DT (13) WN (19) WN IU (35) IN (37) SSU (51)
    Vettel: WN WN (20) WU IN (37) SSU (53) 3
    Webber: WN WN (20) WU IN (36) SSU (50) 3
    Schumacher: WU IU (18) WU (21) WU IN (34) SSN (52) 4
    Petrov: WN WN IN (36) SSU (53) 2
    Massa: WN WN (21) WU IN (36) SSU (53) SSU (54) 4
    Kobayashi: WN WN IN (36) SSU (53) 2
    Alguersuari: WN WN (19) WN IN (35) SSN (51) 3
    Barrichello: WN IN (15) WN (19) WU IN (34) SSN (50) 4
    Buemi: WU IN (17) WN (20) WN IN (34) SSU (50) 4
    Rosberg: WN IU (17) WU (19) WN IN (36) SSN (53) 4
    De La Rosa: WN WN IN (35) SSU (52) 2
    Liuzzi: WN WN (9) WU IN (35) SSN (52) 3
    D’Ambrosio: WN IN (17) WN (23) WN IN (33) DT (36) SSN (52) 5
    Glock: WN WN IN (34) SSN (51) 2
    Trulli: WN WN (19) WU IN (36) SSN (52) SSU (55) 4
    Karthikeyan: WN WN IN (37) SSN (51) 2
    Di Resta: WN WN IN (35) IN (43)IN (50) SSN (53) 4
    Maldonado: WN IN (17) WN (19) WU IU (35) SSN (51) SSU (61)5 NC
    Heidfeld: WN WU IN (35) SSU (52) 2 NC
    Sutil: WN IN (16) WN IN (34) DT (45) IN (49) 4 NC
    Alonso: WN IN (17) WN (19) WU IN (36) 3 NC
    Kovalainen: WN WN (19) WU 1 NC

The first column denotes the tyres the driver started the race on.
    S = Soft compound
    SS = Super Soft compound
    W = Wet tyre
    I = Intermediate tyre
    N = New compound
    U = Used compound
    DT = Drive through
    NC = Not classified
    The last column gives the total amount of pit stops.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    The last column gives the total amount of pit stops.
    Wow, Button had 51 pit stops

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Wow, Button had 51 pit stops
    I think they've missed a 5 off the end......but you knew that didn't you
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'