-

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Stephen and Stewart, superb pictures. Stephen think that is the best picture of The Beast I have seen. Have to say though my motorbike picture (Flying Dutchman getting on the Kylerhea Ferry) is better than your bike....he he he!!

Last edited by weefossy; 26th June 2012 at 09:48 PM.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Cracking Pics everyone - reminders of a fab weekend
    We met the "flying Dutchman" again on the road home a Perth - small world!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well just out and brimmed the wee car. Total dent to wallet for petrol £113. But then I did get 54 MPG on the way home on the Car computer. Worst bit was from Applecross to Ullapool for some reason as I only got 40 MPG real world but then I was sitting in third most of the time till off the coast road. You lazy guys in the more powerful stuff with cars that pull in forth no problem up hills going round bends

When I think of the Money each month driving around town playing Pothole lottery with the roads at the very least this £113 had the best smiles per mile and gave the car a wee work out that I always thinks does it the world of good.

857 Miles averaging 47 MPG over the trip. and yes its not about the MPG but about the fun but still nice to get a decent return on the Jungle juice.
    Last edited by Stewart; 28th June 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    When I think of the Money each month driving around town playing Pothole lottery with the roads at the very least this £113 had the best smiles per mile and gave the car a wee work out that I always thinks does it the world of good.
    Wise words mate!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    The pics are lovely Stewart. Looks like you guys had a ball. Dougall was dead jealous being parked up at work instead of cruisng the highlands. I did tell him to be grateful, his week was a hell of a lot better than mine but you know what minis are like!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Sheilz its was just nice to chill out away from city roads, took almost 850 miles before some arse was sitting two inches off my rear near the Airport, welcome back to Glasgow! Took another ten minutes before I had to play pothole dodge and thought Aaaaaaaa its good to be back…

Although next time I think we will negotiate the price of the ferry before they have us on midway across.. Got chinned £10 on that one……
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Stewart you know the words sing along
    Don't pay the ferryman,
    Don't even fix a price,
    Don't pay the ferryman,
    Until he gets you to the other side

The web page says more than that

Car
    R56 S in Dark Silver. Oh Yeah.
    Yay, finally back home after a

First of all a big thankyou to Paul for arranging this run under pressure It was much appreciated.

Secondly to everyone on the run for making this the most enjoyable event in the MINI calendar. It has become the only 'must do' event which is why I want to keep it going with HT5 I have a bit of plan for this which I will post up elsewhere shortly

Pics will follow when Gill the master photographer gets her shots sorted out and posted somewhere I can link from

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah lesson learned is to be in the right gear for the tight bend heading skyward, but bloody annoying when you decide “Right plan A is not working down to third, oh wait I’ve now lost even more power from the change, dam second it is” By this time the S is looking the part with ease. After near three hundred miles and enough tight bends heading up hills I'd gladly take the - "Will still go up anything in Forth"

For quick bursts your probably right with it being more involving in the lower powered car but if you had seen that roller coaster road that must have been around the 200 miles mark, it basically knackers you as Alex will concur. After that my cog dynamics were all to pot trying to chase the S on the more open road.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Knew you were still a good ol' card-carrying Cog-Swapper Ali!!!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!