aberdeen mini owner

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unusual for one of these engines to fail tbh, they're pretty sturdy. Chain tensioner and cam followers can both go, but easy fixes - these both show up as rattles

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW

Sorry to hear about the engine, are you absolutely sure it's stock and never been "upgraded"

I would seriously consider taking it to Craig Noble at Knockhill, even the cost of hiring a transporter to get it there will be cheaper than the overall BMW repair.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Welcome to NMS.

I use AW Autotech on Arrdaroch Road down beside the beach. They are now equiped with a full BMW Mini diagnostics machine, and two of the mechanics have experience working on BMW Mini's. I got my steering pump fixed there, and saved me about £400 compared to what John Shark's wanted to charge me!!!

Hope you get the problem fixed!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Test Passed
    Car
    mini R53 s wroks
    cheers for all the replies will try and get hold of craig , and see when he can fit it in , may see if i can get a diagnostics done on it also

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Sure you've done it already, but, make sure you got the correct amount of engine oil on the dipstick, maybe the top end has had oil starvation resulting in the bag of spanners noise

Penny Louise
    Welcome to the site !

Car
    MINI-less
    Hope you get the engine sorted!

Test Passed
    Car
    mini R53 s wroks
    yeah did an oil change engine flush as well put over 4.5 lts in just un case it was lack of oil , looked on you tude few similar cars have posted same fault !!!

Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Welcome to NMS.

I use AW Autotech on Arrdaroch Road down beside the beach. They are now equiped with a full BMW Mini diagnostics machine, and two of the mechanics have experience working on BMW Mini's. I got my steering pump fixed there, and saved me about £400 compared to what John Shark's wanted to charge me!!!

Hope you get the problem fixed!!

I would also recommend AW Autotech, there work is good and are very well priced compared to other local garages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Car
    R55 Cooper S Clubman
    Welcome on board!