"Rust" pimples!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Car was in today at Peter Vardy. Warranty Manager thinks it is "stone chips". I said even if it was a chip, it should not "rust", plenty other stone chips on my car, much more obvious that have not bubbled. My third MINI and I have never seen this before.

They have taken pics that have been sent to MINI.

Will report when I find out. Might post on MINI2 and TotalMINI to see if anyone on there has similar experience.

GCA3N
    Very strange Ken hope you get this sorted soon mate.

cookie9561
    i have an r56,washed car and noticed blistering on both rear panels close to wheels,took it down to calterdons in inverness,service manager was great,took one look and said he had seen a few like it,the reason he explained was that in factory between galvanisation process and paint stage if any rough edges are seen then guys rub them down,if they then dont clean residue off properly small flecks of metal stick to body,then put through paint stage,its these flecks of metal which rust,poor quality inspection it seems,should be cleaned properly before getting paint.My car was inspected to see that no repairs had been done though if they were carried out at an approved bmw body shop the repair would be covered by warranty,thankfully mines was covered and had both rear panels fixed,cant fault calterdons,service manager a top guy

Resident old yin.
    Thanks for that, still waiting to hear from dealer.

cookie9561
    any progress on your blistering issue ?

Resident old yin.
    Yes, just spoke to the dealer today. The pics taken by the dealer were of no use so I took others. I also stressed that I would not expect these to "rust". These pics were sent to the regional BMW warranty person who has approved that they fixed under warranty.

So a success, just waiting for the car to be booked in. Thanks to Peter Vardy for their support in this.

Car
    MINI-less
    Good result Ken

cookie9561
    thats a great result mate,think a lot to do with it is the dealer and there attitude towards customers

GCA3N
    Ken that's good news as said a good dealer helps alot.

sent from my galaxy S ll

Resident old yin.
    Thanks folks. Will report back when it has been in. KenL