Window Tinting in Aberdeen

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    that sounds just fine with me
    !

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

AberdeenMini
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

My windows were donr by scott at tinthaus. they are medium, which is 35%. I have had no problems.
    Im going on wednesday to get mine done 'Medium'. Whats this about insurance, will it affect my insurance?

Sponsor
    Thats what I was asking. Technicaly if the tints are illegal, then I was concerned that the insurance company could use that as a payout escape in the event of a claim. Maybe not. I'm not sure.

AberdeenMini
    quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

Thats what I was asking. Technicaly if the tints are illegal, then I was concerned that the insurance company could use that as a payout escape in the event of a claim. Maybe not. I'm not sure.
    Never thought about that! hope nae

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    SR and AM - let's put it this way, if you have an accident, just hope the engineer doesn't look at your windows or they will NOT pay out. This has happened to a friend of mine a few years ago and it cost him big time!

I agree the car looks better with all the windows tinted, but with so much to lose:
    Insurance not paying out
    getting fined and having to take the tints off.

is it really worth it??

AberdeenMini
    Dam it never thought about that! Now im in a dilema, will I or wont I?
    Maybe i'll just live dangerously....

Sponsor
    I'm willing to risk it i think. Appreciate your point though Craig. The thing is, a few years ago, window tinting was legal(within reason). So unless your friend had MAJOR tints that completely obscured the view in or out of the car, I can't see how that could be a reason for insurance not paying out!?!? My tints are very descreet, do not obscure vision in or out of the car, and also double as uv film and security film. I plan to decrare to insurance boys that I have the film as a security device!

Nenah
    In my former life as a lawyer (no lawyer jokes please) I used to handle MVA and personal injury insurance claims for a well known large UK company (yes, it was as boring as it sounds!) - from my experience, if the insured disclosed their modifications at the time of entering into the insurance contract, legal or otherwise, the insurer would apply a reasonable test in assessing their payouts. if you dont disclose (and all policy contain a duty to disclose) then you'll be treated with the same respect you give the insurer. You may pay a higher premium but I dont understand, given the amount of money invested in some cars, why you wouldnt to protect that. My car is insured through a specialst insurer for modified cars - Footman James - I have disclosed the new tints to be noted on my polciy (no extra premium payable) and I have piece of mind should the unspeakable happen. I'll get off my soap box now (if you've still interested enough to read this far...)

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Thanks Nenah, that sounds like pretty good advice to me. Am away to phone my chap now.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

M4XNS
    Hi Sheilz,

Colin phoned our Insurance guys other day and told them bout my wheels, arches and tints. It did cost an extra £200 (also due to my recent 3 points addition !!) but as Nenah said definately worth it.

You gonna make it to exhibition centre on Sunday with the boys, can't wait to see your new arrival.