Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    eddie 44
    work mate was charged £60 for having dark tints on
    driver & passenger side widows . it seem tayside police
    have a new toy :mad: they call it tint master ,:disapprove:
    it cost him £ 40 to get tint removed . he was driving
    a people carrier , so what the

Sponsor
    TRUST ME, get you and your car over to see Scott at Tinthaus in Aberdeen. I had mine done and it looks great. They know everything there is to know about tinting, and will fill you in on all the do's and dont's etc. DETAILS BELOW!

(01224) 890690

3 Bourtree Techno Pk, Minto Av
    Aberdeen
    AB12 3JZ

Sponsor
    Can I add. With regards to legality issues and window tinting... Yes it seems that it is now illegal for tints on front windows (drivers&frnt pssngr), however, I have medium tints on these windows which darkens the glass without blacking out the window. I have been alongside many traffic cops and none have bothered in the slightest. Also, I assume that the new legislation was launched to wipe out the stupid tints that some drivers were using. I mean black windows!! My tints seem to be acceptable, and although technically illegal, the police turn a blind eye! The key is, only get a light tint.

However, someone might be able to fill me in on a few questions I have. If the police did stop me, could I argue that my tints, although not factory fitted, were installed before the legislation, and therefore, legal??

Also, how would the tints I have affect my insurance? (TESCO). I didn't bother checking before I went ahead with it. silly me.

I think If you want tints, it has to be all windows or none. Your mini will end up looking like some wierd van concept from the wierd world of BMW with only rear tints!!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I agree. I'd a gander round JC's and wasn't impressed with the effect of only the back three windows done. It looks droll. Wee Ecy's first visit will i think be to tinthaus and then to get his bumpers done. (M4XNS is a car to die for)

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Sponsor
    if you mention to scott that i sent you to tinthous, he might give you a discount. worth a try. I'm Ewan by the way.

quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

if you mention to scott that i sent you to tinthous, he might give you a discount. worth a try.
    I am going to give that a shot owt for nowt!!!!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    sleepyrascal - to answer your questions, regardless of when you got your tints done, if they are over the percentage allowed (i think 70 % of light has to get through), then they are illegal. when you got them done doesn't matter. I think I will have to move, cause our traffic polis will do you for looking at them, far less having tinted windows!!

I agree the 3 tinted at the rear doesn't look the best, but the thought of constantly being pestered by the local constabulary stops be from even thinking about it. Some of the local cops have been advised by the traffic to get their windows tint removed, so if they are willing to do their own....:(:(

Sponsor
    Yeh but as i said, I have 35 tint on my windows, and no police chap has pulled me up or bothered me! I think if your gona turn up at the likes of a fast and modified cruise or something, the police know to look there and will go out to find illegal tints. But otherwise, i'm not realy concerned anymore. Its more the insurance issue that bothers me! At the end of the day, as long as the police can see you through the window, they aint gona say anything!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I was talking to a chap who works in Halfords (Abdn) who was made to remove his tints because they were 45%. They were medium grade. My car is booked into Tinthaus 9am Mon. When I spoke to the chap he mentioned medium for my car. What is the difference between that and the grade 2 maxine's husband mentioned to me? I guess I'm trying to draw a balance between having a car that looks like van and having tints that are reasonably subtle.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Sponsor
    My windows were donr by scott at tinthaus. they are medium, which is 35%. I have had no problems.