Window Tinting in Aberdeen

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    AberdeenMini
    Anyone know of a good reputable place in or around Aberdeen? I'm wanting legal tints.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Hi, John and I both got our cars done at Gordons Garage in Pittodrie Place (or something, can't remember), excellent job and cheap too, £150 if i remember correctly.
    The guys that do it use the garage about once a week, i don't have the number but if John see's this he might still have it.

You could always try the garage itself :)

AberdeenMini
    Cheers BonniScotland, will do! :)

X30YES
    asked about dark windows tonight at the dealer ....not legal after Jan this year ?

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    What happens if you already have them? I'm getting factory tints on mine. On nm2 someone said they make the car look like a van.:( Are the factory done tints the same all round (apart from windscreen)? Why is life never simple?

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

X30YES
    Thought about getting them done on my new car ,( just slipping that one in quietly)to be told that some law thingy has been adapted preventing blacked out widows being fitted after a certain date (dealer info)!!!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    the law is that most new cars (mini included) have tinted windows and the manufacturer has tinted them to the maximum allowed by the law, therefore any further tints on the driver or passenger front window will be illegal. This also means if your caught, your car is given a prohibition order so that you are unable to use it until the tints are removed. (this is a brief summary of what is about a 2 page document...)

bottom line - if you have additional tints on your front windows, they are illegal...

The factory tints are only done on the back windows and rear windscreen, so they are perfectly legal...

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Hi, John and I both got our cars done at Gordons Garage in Pittodrie Place (or something, can't remember), excellent job and cheap too, £150 if i remember correctly.
    The guys that do it use the garage about once a week, i don't have the number but if John see's this he might still have it.

You could always try the garage itself :)
    No longer available at Gordons garage,so it looks like Tinthause is the only option or there is a guy works out of a unit at Kintore does it too

GAJ
    This document explains the current situation regarding Section 32 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations so far as it applies to tinted window film.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Ok Angus, tell us what you've ordered, spec and delivery date. C'mmon, spill the beans!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.