Members Profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OK, it may be an age thing:(, or simply that I'm losing the plot:clown:but I am finding it very hard,(lucky me)to put a face to all the names,and relate it to what car peps drive! Would it be possible, space permitting, to put a link from the member profile on NMS to a picture of owner and car in mini2.com members gallery? I am not suggesting a mug shot(scare off new members), but an array of pictures taken on runs / nights out etc.?:evil: Am I barking up the wrong tree, or just barking mad?????? Maybe we could discuss at weekend.

3GGG
    How about lapel badges at meets so that we know who we are talking to?
    We have a similar problem in Ham Radio where we know everyone by their radio 'callsign' but have no idea what their surname is or what they look like (just as well).

[My car is in the signature picture and my mug shot is in my profile for those brave enough]

duncan
    I think this has been raised before, but now the group is getting bigger, perhaps its time to mention it again.

There is the facility in the Profile to add a picture, so perhaps this is the easiest way of doing it.

Whether its a picture of you, you and your car, or your car only is up to the individual.

duncan
    The name badges are not a bad idea.

Its OK for the old timers to recognise each other, but some of the Newbies, and Wul, may not be "well kent faces"

minidriver#1
    quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

How about lapel badges at meets so that we know who we are talking to?
    We have a similar problem in Ham Radio where we know everyone by their radio 'callsign' but have no idea what their surname is or what they look like (just as well).

[My car is in the signature picture and my mug shot is in my profile for those brave enough]
    whats yer toggle? how many candles are ya burnin? haha class. i have a mug shot somewhere, we should just post pics here.

Name badges might be a bit too like work for some. Calum,is there enough capacity to include a picture in everybodies profile?

Or better still, why dont we all wear our badges/id photos from work then everyone gets to know what we do for a living as well :clown:.

Monsta Mo Mini
    You can include a picture in your profile but it needs to be hosted somewhere.

I can't condone using your MINI2 galleries for this purpose as that's Paul's bandwidth we'd be using and I know he has enough problems in that department.

I would recommend you either host it on your own webspace and simply insert the link to it or send an image to me via info@newminiscotland.co.uk accompanied by your user name. Images should be 100 pixels square in RGB.

The is site feedback - so it's been moved!

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by duncan

Its OK for the old timers to recognise each other, but some of the Newbies, and Wul, may not be "well kent faces"
    Steady now Duncan:blackeye: - remember I do know what you look like! Any more of that lip and you'll be hauled over to OT&B for a BigColesque batterin!

No idea what anyone else looks like mind you!:I:clown:

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
    I would recommend you either host it on your own webspace and simply insert the link
    Good point Calum, I have moved my sig from MINI2.COM to my own site.