poly v belt r 50 cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    apparently this should be changed at an inspection 2 service....Is everyone else changing theres?done everythin else just wondering if i should change this? cars done 43k if that makes any difference?

cooperchris
    Quote Originally Posted by satans little helper View Post
    apparently this should be changed at an inspection 2 service....Is everyone else changing theres?done everythin else just wondering if i should change this? cars done 43k if that makes any difference?
    Never changed my one bud, On the old engine anyway. Dont plan on changing the new engine one anytime soon.

Can't vouch for the Cooper, but the belt drives the supercharger on the S, and I change mine every year regardless of mileage; same with oil.

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    hmm dunno whether to bother or not then....

For all the cost, it's worth it for peace of mind IMO. If the belt was to fail, it would potentially result in a lot of damage as it drives the water pump

Feet were made to fit car pedals. If we were meant to walk, we'd have pogo sticks for legs

Car
    MINI-less
    ^^What he said peace of mind.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    cheers guys will prob do it then!

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    Can't vouch for the Cooper, but the belt drives the supercharger on the S, and I change mine every year regardless of mileage; same with oil.
    how much are these from bmw mate??
    cheers.

No idea, best ask them. I got my supercharger belt for roughly £20 iirc

Want More BHP!
    Car
    cooper park lane
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon the fish View Post
    No idea, best ask them. I got my supercharger belt for roughly £20 iirc
    sounds about right! theres a dayco 1 on ebay for about 11 quid might just get that!
    cheers