Detailing. [ iron x ]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Well it's the time of year that I start to think about detailing my mini again. Done a wee stock check Ive ordered most products that I fancied trying this year just waiting on them arriving. Included this year was iron x soap gel keep reading good things about this stuff so I'm wondering has anyone on here used it and if so what do you think.

Just deciding on what wax to go with this year any suggestions? Thinking swisswax this time round again any one used it and if so what one?

Ta.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Is this like Claying without the Clay? Sorry I was reading about it there? If so it looks like a spray on and leave and wash off option thats safe.

CarPro Iron X is an intensive fallout remover suitable for use on all exterior automotive surfaces (with the exception of anything made from, or coated with, chrome).
    Thats half my car then!!!

I need to use the stuff I have, but like you I keep seeing new waxes and think I like the sound of that. Just spend £50 in Cleanyoucar....as I needed Megs Hyperwash and a new Sonus Wash Mitt, plus a few wee bit and bobs that will arrive on Monday. But still got a near full Pete 53 wax and brand new Megs 16 wax....

My Alloys have picked up slight damage here and there, one with a chip in the paint after having all four new non RF tyres put on as in December and I’ll notice a few more things probably when its gets it first proper wash next week.

Leaving totally redoing the Polish, Glaze and Wax and going nuts on trim and windows and everything till nearer May for the Highland Tour. I got Stuff recommended from Ian for the brake dust and it looks like it will do the job and I got Autosmart Tardis and Autosmart
    Trim Ultra last year still you use on the car although I have tried them and both work great.

Grieg was saying dodo juice hard candy was working well fro him and I did read some good reviews but having bought a few waxes I’ll use them first.
    Last edited by Stewart; 5th March 2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

I bought the soap gel ironx from i4detailing it is applied like washing the car. Hard candy might be a good wax but not for me. I have several waxes in my case but looking for so something else to try. I did have best in show in a sample pot but can't find it now.
    Cooper Coupe...

Doug_m
    Just hope it doesnt smell like rotten eggs as the fall out removal stuff stiiiiiiiinks!!! But its good stuff

As for waxes... Why not try some sealants? Blackfire wet diamond is awesome stuff, leaves silky smooth and lasts for months!

I have and use sealants I like jet seal 109 and CG creme glaze. I like to wax on top.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Blackfire wet diamond Dug i have this and rate it, always looks spot on and beads like mad. This is whats on the car just now and has been over winter.

I see Tim has it at Clean you car. you'll have to tell us if its any good. did not fancy the other stuff that said stay away from Chrome...
    Last edited by Stewart; 6th March 2011 at 12:38 AM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GP BILLY
    Was at a wee detailing meet last week (chemical guys place in cambuslang) and
    they used Iron x on a white BMW, first time I had ever heard of it and seen it in
    action. (my god it is the worse smelling thing ever)

Seems when you clay a car it gets rid of say 95% of the wee iron fallout but there is
    that 5% that's still stuck in the paint (like a wee arrow head) and the Iron x when
    applied make the paint swell and out pops the last bit of fallout which you get when
    washing the car after iron x application

Well thats what it sounded like when they were talking about last week I maybe
    completely wrong but I am sure mr king will ammend my wrongdoing's when he reads this

On the subject of wax what about chemical guys Celeste Dettaglio, heard good reports
    last week about it. Not cheap at £120 but if you something different

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I know you get that Wax thats £7K but even £120 for wax is pushing it in my book. If I had a brand new 458 and it was regarded one the best then yeah but for my wee Mini its doing well with Pete's 53 or Meg's 16 wax around the £10-20 mark.

Its David is it not up in Cambuslang I got my Pete 53 from him ages ago.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Ive been using iron X for a wee while now. Infact almost finished my first batch.
    Its very handy for alloys that havent been looked after very well. If the alloy wheel cleaner cant remove the wee black pits on the wheel then the iron X seems to get rid of it.
    I have used it on a couple of white cars where claying wouldnt remove bonded foreign objects.

As for wax I still cant go past Zymol glasure or Zymol concourse for a boutique number.
    For every day wax then megs 16 or colli is hard to beat when you factor in purchase price

Thanks I have the titanium for winter and the concourse for any other time just fancy something else to try. I'm more a fan of sealant as I believe it has saved me a few times with bird poo either that or the birds round here have Eco friendly poo.
    Cooper Coupe...