Mini Rocketman Concept - The New mini MINI!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Car
    MINI-less
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    "And I think it’s gonna be a long long time
    Till touch down brings me round again to find
    Another bloody MINI Concept Car to own
    Oh no no no, don't need a Rocketman...
    Rocketman, a Concept I'd refuse to give a home"

(Apologies to Messrs. Taupin and John).

Why don't MINI just concentrate on fixing things like the 'Death Rattle' on the R56 S instead of constantly bombarding up with this impractical Design House Chic nonsense?
    Although putting a nice pull-out Bird Bath at the back should go down well on Springwatch. (I refrain from making distasteful and sexist Kate Humble references).

By the way, speaking of Sexist - what's with these names? CountryMAN, PaceMAN, RocketMAN surly a bit 'Non-PC' for a brand with its finger on the pulse of the Modern World?
    You crack me up Euan

Now go take your pills

Car
    MINI-less
    Actually does look quite good. The "real" one will prob be a more watered down version. The concept cars are usually way out there on the design front.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    OK, it's not horrible and it's arguably more 'MINI' than the Countryman or the Paceman Concept, but if it does go into production, I don't know where it's supposed to fit in the MINI range.... it's all getting very confusing. AND I just realised I'll have to change my name to "ElfPERSON"...... or "ElfTHING"

BTW Colin - The pills don't really work any more....
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 24th February 2011 at 05:40 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I think there is a great little car under all that concept car tat and silly name.
    Would suit me fine as I don't need a big car and can't fit passengers in the back of my "big" Mini anyway

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I think that mini is Mucking Fagic.
    I really want one, especially the see through union jack roof.

However I think the production version will be quite different.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    I think that mini is Mucking Fagic.
    I really want one, especially the see through union jack roof.

However I think the production version will be quite different.
    That roof is epic like you say I wonder how much will stay. The doors are a great idea too.

Mmm concept version - YES!

But production version (if it happens) - i will reserve judgement!!

Lot's of the cool parts may be watered down, or lost - which is one thing i hate about the whole concept to production versions.

However i think i would rather have an original Mini - if i was to go with a car of that size!!
    Sometimes, i like to sit on the floor, pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around my legs and tuck my head in.

Why?.......Because that's how i roll.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Why didn't they just bring the MINI out in this scale to begin with?

The Clubman came out because the MINI Hatch didn't have enough room, then the Countryman was 'necessary' because the Clubbie still wasn't big/practical enough for families, then the Paceman concept appeared because the Countryman's image wasn't sporty enough or something, now there's a desperate need for a SMALLER 'Rocketman' MINI?

Jeez, I wish they'd make up their minds!!! Does ANYBODY know what a MINI actually IS these days? It's apparently EVERYTHING, or maybe nothing...

I really am getting a bit fed up with the whole thing. It's like kids in a sweetshop - I want THAT, no, I want THAT, no, I want THAT!

Wonder if all these 'New Kids around the block' will affect residual values of our trusty old Hatches?

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I believe that in answer to your question, the Mini is no longer size related, but a brand/style status symbol! In that you don't buy the Mini because it's small, if you wanted small you'd buy an IQ or a SMART or something, instead your buying the brand and the benefits of owning a car for an executive car manufacturer if that makes sense? (the benefits being crap service from some dealerships and rattles that drive you mental )
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Want More BHP!
    Car
    Dark Silver R53
    i actually think the roof is superb and the interior especially the steering wheel is indeed with the keeping of going back to its roots from the classic where many a similar style wheel was pride of place in the cabin.... very classy bit of kit all round but think the lights would take a beating as stated before but other than that and the fact its an auto it looks all good

bet it costs a few quid aswell