Mini Rocketman Concept - The New mini MINI!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Todays news, MINI has launched yet another concept - the Mini Rocketman - The new mini MINI

Taking the MINI Back to its roots, its going to be a similar size to the original Mini!!!

News here....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/...lifts-off.html

I kinda like it, but WTF is going on with the tail-lights????
    Is it that small, that you can use the rear lights as a hoop to put on your keyring or what!!!
    Sometimes, i like to sit on the floor, pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around my legs and tuck my head in.

Why?.......Because that's how i roll.

lamdacore
    The front grill looks very Aston Martin inspired.

Resident old yin.
    Looks crazy, but fantastic.

Probably too wee for my golf clubs but the next Gen MINI could well take a lot of its styling from this.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    The car is only slightly longer than the original mini but most of it is the same kinda size
    More details can be found by following the linky : http://www.motoringfile.com/2011/02/...ini-rocketman/
    all i can say is... WANT

Centre speedo uses new 3d style graphics

bottom half of the boot can be kept open for bulkier items

rear seats can be folded away for extra luggage space or extra legroom in the rear when travelling with 2 passengers

Double hinged doors for those tight parking spaces, also harks back to the exterior hinges on the original mini

Lazy posting just nicked off NM
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

The Dogfather

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I think the first thing that puts me off, is that they've called it 'The Rocketman'...Mini, after the day i've had, I'm half way to Skoda to order my Yeti, have you seen what it can do?
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    The neds would have a field day with those rear lights

Yeah I like that, if it turns up like that I will eat my hat!!!

I too am not too sure about those rear lights, they kinda remind me of a volvo C70 and I really DONT want a full UNION JACK see through roof thank you very much, make it a then yes and the only other thing I'm not too sure of/keen on is how the boot lid is hinged in the middle of the roof (it's certainly different anyway )

Don't see any of us doing a factory trip down south in one of those tho

...where do I sign up

Car
    MINI-less
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    The neds would have a field day with those rear lights
    Was thinking the same myself

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    "And I think it’s gonna be a long long time
    Till touch down brings me round again to find
    Another bloody MINI Concept Car to own
    Oh no no no, don't need a Rocketman...
    Rocketman, a Concept I'd refuse to give a home"

(Apologies to Messrs. Taupin and John).

Why don't MINI just concentrate on fixing things like the 'Death Rattle' on the R56 S instead of constantly bombarding up with this impractical Design House Chic nonsense?
    Although putting a nice pull-out Bird Bath at the back should go down well on Springwatch. (I refrain from making distasteful and sexist Kate Humble references).

By the way, speaking of Sexist - what's with these names? CountryMAN, PaceMAN, RocketMAN surly a bit 'Non-PC' for a brand with its finger on the pulse of the Modern World?
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 24th February 2011 at 03:15 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!