Wheels - Advice Wanted!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Penny Louise
    Right... I'm struggling to come to a decision on what to do about wheels. I've currently got three sets in my possesion - my standard ones which i've only recently put up for sale (but not sure this is the right decision), a set of 17" Wolfrace Pro-Lites finished in gloss black and a set of 17" GP Reps.

I've got the GPs on just now and as much as I didnt think I was going to like them, they've grown on me and I do like the look it has at the moment. But I also liked the Pro-Lites even though they aren't anything special.

I really need to free up some space (and money) but don't know what ones to keep and what ones to let go of.

Help!!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Get rid of both sets and buy a set of 'S' lites
    IMO still the best looking wheel for the mini I know they're heavy but who cares when they look soooooooooooooooooooo good
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Penny Louise
    Is that the same as the S Spokes? Because if so, thats what I want (ideally) even though I know they're common but there's a reason for that - because they suit them!

Well I've got a boy coming through to see the standard ones tonight so I think I'll just let them go and take things from there.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Louise View Post
    Is that the same as the S Spokes?
    Yes A nice set of 'S' spokes and standard tyres and you're sorted
    I run standard 15's for the winter, 'S' spokes on normal tyres for the rest of the time when the missus is driving and 18" Kei's when there's no chance she'll be anywhere near it

These are all just my opinion mind you.....
    Last edited by Big Gordy; 15th March 2011 at 01:06 PM.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

The Dogfather
    The 16" wheels you are selling are quite light compared to S-Spokes.

If you go down the route of the S-Spokes you notice the car won't accelerate, brake or turn in as well as before. Yes they do look good but if you want good performance/handling you should look at other wheels.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Louise View Post
    I've got the GPs on just now and as much as I didnt think I was going to like them, they've grown on me
    To be honest....I've never liked the GP's

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    You also need to remember if you ever want to trade your mini into the mini dealers they won't take it unless you have standard mini alloys on it. (I think I'm correct in saying that )

The Dogfather
    Just checked the weights, the 16" X-lites weigh 8kg the S-spokes weigh 11.4kg so that's 13.6kg of unsprung weight your adding which would be like carrying an extra 55kg of normal weight in the car.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    You also need to remember if you ever want to trade your mini into the mini dealers they won't take it unless you have standard mini alloys on it. (I think I'm correct in saying that )
    They might take it gordy but they'll hammer your trade in price.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Thought I'd read somewhere on here Greig that some folks had trouble at trade in time when they had non-mini wheels