3 Must Have Albums

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Such a difficult decission here.

I really do like my music both new and old.

Im big into Coldplay, Oasis, Radiohead, Kings of Leon but I also love oldies such as Pink Floyd, Dire Straits, Eric Clapton, Paul Weller, Fleetwood Mac

My 3 albums if stuck on a dessert island would be

The Verve - Urban Hyms

Oasis - Definitely Maybe (but it was a hard call between that and Whats the Story Morning Glory)

David Gilmore - Live in Gdansk

but its really difficult to leave behind the likes of Coldplay Parachutes and Echoes Pink Floyd best of.

Mine would be

1. Nirvana - Nevermind
    2. Pink Floyd - The Division Bell (or wish you were here - Undecided at this point)
    3. Spice Girls

Nah only kidding......................

I wouldn't put Pink Floyd in my top three!!!
    Sometimes, i like to sit on the floor, pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around my legs and tuck my head in.

Why?.......Because that's how i roll.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    In no set order,

U2 - Achtung Baby 1991 (which was a couple of years in front of THE best staduim concerts ever - Zooropa 1993)
    I was there, at the front in the pen bit at Celtic Park when I was 17 having got there at something like 8am. First stadium gig I ever went to and it was awesome :-)

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    I was there, at the front in the pen bit at Celtic Park when I was 17 having got there at something like 8am. First stadium gig I ever went to and it was awesome :-)
    I had been to at least 5 (2 x Tiffanys, 1 x Barrowland & 2 x SECC) U2 concerts before this tour so I always knew the gigs were brilliant. What stuck out by far on this one was the MASSIVE stage show that they had put together.

Off topic 'ish' ................ but

Bit of a story here ............. me & a few of my mates had tickets for the gig & were all set for a 'stonkin' day out . I worked part time in Heraghty's Bar back then and another one of the lads behind the bar mentioned that his cousin from Ireland was involved in the UK/Irish leg of the world tour. "Oh aye" says we "what's he doing then"? "Well" says he, he's a stage actor & he has been selected to do a support act all about the horrors of ethnic cleansing (for those who don't recall, back in the early 90's the atrocities of the Bosnian War were being relayed on our TV's on a daily basis) highlighting the plight of the war in former Yugoslavia. We quickly find out that he needs 50 plus 'extra's' to dress up as soldiers & carry flags around the pit/screamer (front pen as you called it) as they perform their show (I seem to recall a massive hoover on the stage). "Well look no further" says we & before we knew it practically most of Heraghty's young clientele had been signed up as extra's for the gig. All we had to do was be at Celtic Park by early afternoon & that was us for two days at the gigs for nowt in the sectioned off pit/screamer area (it's apparently called that because when the band walk out onto the catwalk type area, some folk tend to scream), a 100% freebie

A brilliant weekend & feck me nearly 18 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Crombers; 15th February 2011 at 01:44 PM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    I had been to at least 5 (2 x Tiffanys, 1 x Barrowland & 2 x SECC) U2 concerts before this tour so I always knew the gigs were brilliant. What stuck out by far on this one was the MASSIVE stage show that they had put together.

Off topic 'ish' ................ but

Bit of a story here ............. me & a few of my mates had tickets for the gig & were all set for a 'stonkin' day out . I worked part time in Heraghty's Bar back then and another one of the lads behind the bar mentioned that his cousin from Ireland was involved in the UK/Irish leg of the world tour. "Oh aye" says we "what's he doing then"? "Well" says he, he's a stage actor & he has been selected to do a support act all about the horrors of ethnic cleansing (for those who don't recall, back in the early 90's the atrocities of the Bosnian War were being relayed on our TV's on a daily basis) highlighting the plight of the war in former Yugoslavia. We quickly find out that he needs 50 plus 'extra's' to dress up as soldiers & carry flags around the pit/screamer (front pen as you called it) as they perform their show (I seem to recall a massive hoover on the stage). "Well look no further" says we & before we knew it practically most of Heraghty's young clientele had been signed up as extra's for the gig. All we had to do was be at Celtic Park by early afternoon & that was us for two days at the gigs for nowt in the sectioned off pit/screamer area (it's apparently called that because when the band walk out onto the catwalk type area, some folk tend to scream), a 100% freebie

A brilliant weekend & feck me nearly 18 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!
    Awesome

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    2004 works s
    hi folks here goes ...1..THE ROLLING STONES...EXILE ON MAIN STREET.
    ....2..PINK FLOYD .......PULSE
    ....3..LED ZEPPLIN...MOTHERSHIP.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by minimad View Post
    hi folks here goes ...1..THE ROLLING STONES...EXILE ON MAIN STREET.
    ....2..PINK FLOYD .......PULSE
    ....3..LED ZEPPLIN...MOTHERSHIP.

3 amazing albums

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Awesome story Crombers. Don't you just love it the way some things pan out.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I remember going to Knebworth back in '79' to see Led Zeppelin....awesome concert Turned out to be Bonhams last Other notables were AC/DC at the Apollo in '78' when Angus came on stage for the encore on Bons shoulders both wearing Scotland tops....place went mental First Motorhead tour, again at the Apollo, deaf for 2 days afterwards....ahhh them were the days Going to see Aus Floyd next month, Foreigner,Jouney & Styx in April and the mighty RUSH in may.... Bring it on...!!!
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Gordy
    Im going to see Aus Floyd next month as well.