MINI Coupe' in disguise...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Stewart,

I heard from my dealer (a good while ago) that these cars would only be available as S or JCW.

I doubt that is the case as they will sell in much bigger numbers if they do them with Cooper & Diesel engines.

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Stewart,

I heard from my dealer (a good while ago) that these cars would only be available as S or JCW.

I doubt that is the case as they will sell in much bigger numbers if they do them with Cooper & Diesel engines.
    That wouldn't be very clever on Mini's part if that was the case, not unless they want to sell the models in really small numbers.
    I think you are right Ken, they will sell in bigger numbers if they stick to the current formula - The bulk of minis sold are of the lower end on the range with only a few extras bolted on, if any at all - all you see at the dealers are Mini ones / coopers with chilli packs!
    Sometimes, i like to sit on the floor, pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around my legs and tuck my head in.

Why?.......Because that's how i roll.

Resident old yin.
    Aha!

Looks like a Cooper will be released. Check out the single exhaust to the right here: http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...84-post17.html

euan
    I much prefer the look of the roadster to the coupe, the coupe just doesn't look right to me. The roadster has a bit of small TT look to it, and I'm not a massive fan of the TT looks but this looks much nicer.

JCW version of the roadster would do me nicely ;-)

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I think it's the floating roof design on the Coupe that looks a little odd, but I still like it. The Roadster does look nice!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I think the Roadster works better aesthetically... but the Coupe with the added structural strength of the roof would probably be the 'Weapon of Choice' for the Petrolheads amongst us. Not that I'll be able, or choose, to afford either of them... I'll await the 'official' prices with interest.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 Cooper

The Works!
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

That looks not too bad, not too sure about the Grey/graffitti yellow look with red stripes, but the shape looks pretty cool....

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Full details and pricing to be released 1st of July :)

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    There is a few of then already ordered on total mini but I think they are just "Making a note of intention" as they are placing orders blind. With the scary price of split new Mini's I'll be interested to see what they start at.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!