MINI Coupe' in disguise...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You know i loved the concept car, so much that i thought , wow... i know what i am saving for! However, and this is got to be due to the mini disguise, there is something about the proportions that just don't sit right with me.

Still looking forward to seeing it in the showrooms, and i'm sure it will look fantastic in the right colour etc, however will it replace my desire for a GP, probably not!!!
    Sometimes, i like to sit on the floor, pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around my legs and tuck my head in.

Why?.......Because that's how i roll.

Car
    F56 Cooper

Active rear spoiler is something I did not know it had. Wait and see it will go up over 60 mph so the Cops can tell you've been doing 60 in that 40 zone.......... Although this is the Roadster but looks like the same bit of kit used in both cars.

Last edited by Stewart; 12th February 2011 at 02:07 AM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

The Dogfather
    If its like the one on the TT you can deploy if manually so that would be your excuse

I really like the look of the roadster, but just fear that it will be REDICULOUSLY expensive!!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Not sure about it. Agree with Euan about the proportions of it, for me specifically the rear and also would suspect it will be ludicrously expensive compared to other models in its class but that goes for the whole mini range esp when choosing optional packages. At the last count my ideally spec'd clubman comes in at just under £23K and that was just for the cooper 1.6. (Sorry that was a bit off topic)

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Minimynx
    I think it's minging!

Sorry but I love my MINI for it's size, shape etc & that thing doesn't look very mini to me!

Rant over.....

Car
    F56 Cooper

I think there is still the Mini look, the main point to me is I like the look but I don’t desire it. Take me to a dealer and say pick your dream Mini it’s got to be the New Works Hatch every time for me as to me it looks bang on what to me a modern Mini should. In saying that stick a few works badges on the white Roadster and it would hard not to like.
    The two above would get that’s a bit different rather than dam that’s the car I want from me. If I wanted a two seater Roadster think it would be the TT.
    I think it could be priced from 24K Cooper to 31K Works Roadster.
    Last edited by Stewart; 12th February 2011 at 02:36 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    I think it could be priced from 24K Cooper to 31K Works Roadster.
    Surely not? Unless it has a much higher quality interior than the standard car, I don't think it should be more than a premium of max £2k over a hatch.

I might be tempted to go for a lightly specced coupe (i.e. no options) instead of a hatch.

The feature on the motoringfile suggests that it is pretty practical. I'd appreciate a bigger boot space and can live without rear seats. If I can't get my golf clubs in it is a definite no for me.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    That’s probably pie in the sky with my prices but this will be Mini’s new toy and its not going to be cheap. Going from there Build prices a Convertible Cooper Hatch with the usual Chili pack and sports pack say your talking 22K. Probably overboard on the over 30K right enough we will see. They could decide not to do a soft option in the Cooper as every picture I’ve seen has the Cooper S scoop.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    That’s probably pie in the sky with my prices but this will be Mini’s new toy and its not going to be cheap. Going from there Build prices a Convertible Cooper Hatch with the usual Chili pack and sports pack say your talking 22K. Probably overboard on the over 30K right enough we will see. They could decide not to do a soft option in the Cooper as every picture I’ve seen has the Cooper S scoop.
    A Cooper Convertible with CHILLI & SPORTS pack is £22K?

I paid £17.5k for my S with CHILLI and a couple of other extras!