Its catching....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    If I do get the heave then Im seriously thinking about starting up properly on my own doing valeting and detailing.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    If I do get the heave then Im seriously thinking about starting up properly on my own doing valeting and detailing.
    You'd do well mate.

that's terrible hopefully you are one of the lucky ones and get kept on
    Cooper Coupe...

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    There are a lotta folk out there doing this now, but nowhere to your standard imho.

Hope however that you can keep the detailing as a lucrative side line & your day job survives

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    That really SUCKS Ian. Hope things work out OK for everybody

It's just like being back in the 80's - one of the 'advantages' of being a wee bit older - I've seen it and been through it all before, and it's not any better this time around. Last time it was caused by Thatcher and her crew with their misplaced idiotic 'We're all right Jack' political ideology, this time it's a combination of greedy Bankers and dumb-ass laissez-faire politicians giving them the go-ahead to screw up the world. The line we were being fed last year about 'The Recession being over' was a pile of old toss. This is where the famous British 'Spirit of the Blitz' will have to resurrect itself across the country - hang in there folks, the sirens are sounding...

(hops off soap-box and grumbles off into the distance...)

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    that's terrible hopefully you are one of the lucky ones and get kept on
    Serious subject but this had me chuckling coz am sure Fi didn't mean it the way I read it

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

I always put my foot in it. I mean't that he is one of the ones that keeps his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    Serious subject but this had me chuckling coz am sure Fi didn't mean it the way I read it
    Cooper Coupe...

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    ...decision was made yesterday and I was kept on. A total whirlwind of a couple of days, many emotions etc.

Gutted for the guy that was made redundant as he is a really nice fella...
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by gauldrymini View Post
    ...decision was made yesterday and I was kept on. A total whirlwind of a couple of days, many emotions etc.

Well delighted for you,well done. Not good news for the other guy though

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by gauldrymini View Post

Bitter sweet Andrew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk